Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think that is what its called i am missing 2 on each side both opposite sides wasn't sure if it was a big deal if it keeps it in place or what

any info would help thank you.

On another note i was checking for any play anything underneath the outer tie rods ect... On the passenger side outer tie rod i can move back & forth as if i was going to use a wrench an take it off to replace,The driver side was a lot harder to move , Both do not move up an down.

Also the sway bar links?... had some play as well i could move back & forth with my hand.

is this amount of play normal or should it be replace..

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Good find !!
Always good to know and not haft to worry...LOL

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I wasn't to sure if they were super important. Guess it just makes it harder for the alignment people. lol

·
Registered
2,959 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was looking around again noticed that this cam adjuster isn't aligned with hole is this bad??

:th_crazy:

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Yes because when you go to install the pin you are probably going to end up throwing your alignment off.

Stamp the control arm mount right behind the nut to show how much of the slot was exposed then try to get it as close as possible when you reinstall. The otherside you can just mark the adjuster where the pin should be then once the pin is in return it to that mark.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
i was looking around again noticed that this cam adjuster isn't aligned with hole is this bad??

:th_crazy:

It's only bad if the tires are wearing abnormally or the vehicle is pulling to one side or the adjuster bolt is loose.

Any competent auto technician could just drive a tapered punch through those holes and accomplish the same results when performing an alignment.

$25 to $50 for these 12-pins seems very pricey.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay thank you it does drift to the right when I'm on free way mabey this might be why ... I would think when doing a alignment you would want it to match up to where the pin guide is but I don't know.. The other side isnt bent pins or missing any

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Get an alignment when you get the pins back in then. Something is probably out. If you find a firestone they have lifetime alignments for one fee per vehicle, they make life easier with modding as far as lowering and lifting go and just general suspension maintenance at home.

·
Registered
114 Posts
It should drift to the right, not pull. That's why extra caster is put into the right. In case you fall asleep or not paying attention. Caster is only a stability angle not a wear angle.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya you let go of the wheel for more then 10 sec and im already going into the right lane. Mabey I'll post a video of it..

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Wow, the steering design is meant to pull right in case the driver falls asleep? Now that's a new one.

Also, 10 seconds is useless information. If you can drive 10 seconds at 80 mph, that's a long way. I'd be happy to go no handed for 10 seconds at highway speeds. If you can drive 10 seconds no handed through a city street then you've probably covered what, 5 homes?

A vehicle will always follow the contour of a road. If you have a 2-lane, one direction road, you could pull left or right depending on where the crown of the road is. You may drive very straight if you are in the center of the road, no matter how many lanes wide it is.

If you feel your vehicle is pulling, then it needs an alignment. If there are some roads that are relatively flat and you don't pull to the right then you have no alignment concerns. That's it. We don't need to see a video of your truck driving into the right lane.

First, it's unsafe practice. Second, are we supposed to diagnose the problem from a jittery video of your truck changing lanes?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will see tomorrow if the alignment is off but it will probley just be the same..
would be nice if i didn't have to hold the wheel to the left most of the time,
i would get someone to hold camera or mount somewhere tho, Would be useless tho to diagnose it.. Just thought you dudes would get better idea what i'm sayin.. Thank You

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well that was waste of time guy told me on phone they would look at it then other dude said no it cost 65 bucks for them to align it again. Tires are wearing fine just gonna let it be till I get different tires..

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Of course there is a fee. The shop needs to be paid to use their equipment. It takes time to set it up.

Your truck in the bay on the alignment rack is preventing them from taking on other customers. They can't "check" an alignment without getting it setup. Once it's on the rack they make a few adjustments to pull it into spec.
haha

An extra period at the end and missing periods in the body of the message. Oh brother! You can definitely tell you don't have to write things for your job!
P.S. It took longer to read the post than it did to type these three sentences.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well that was rude, Your the first person to say something about how i type so i'm sure your just trolling hard. :D

Most good shops will do a free alignment inspection.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Well that was rude, Your the first person to say something about how i type so i'm sure your just trolling hard. :D

Most good shops will do a free alignment inspection.
Not saying it is true or not....but in 25 years I haven't encountered a shop that will connect your vehicle to the rack and not charge you.
Then again, I usually go in because I know it needs aligned. hah I try getting it done about once a year.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts