Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try the red tint spray to do all red tails? And I was wondering if it would be possible to re-wire the nighttime running lights to them for all three lit at night, and make some LED strips the reverse ones? Just some ideas bouncing around in my head.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I used the same spray to do my clear LED tail lights. Came out nice after i clear coated, wet sanded amd polished them.

·
Registered
280 Posts
^^^I've done it both ways... Candy red and VHT red. I will say the candy red gives a much nicer red in my opinion. That is if you can do it with that. For ease and affordability I just use the VHT paint.

·
Registered
58 Posts
what about the reverse lights? aren't they supposed to be white? or na. I'm sure its not "legal" so i would assume you would have to swap the tails out with a stock set for inspection purposes.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
I HATE YOU because I want this License plate... I have tried for 6 years to get "AWESOME" in Maryland, but whoever has it won't give it up!

Everytime I register my truck at a show its a 2006 GMC Awesome... people usually say "Wow, a GMC Awesome, I've never heard of that" I say "Yeah, they only made one... and it's Awesome".

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what about the reverse lights? aren't they supposed to be white? or na. I'm sure its not "legal" so i would assume you would have to swap the tails out with a stock set for inspection purposes.
No inspection here boss man :D

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Texas does not require reverse lights at all. I shaved the reverse off the trunk lid of my old cavalier and had no problem getting inspected. In harris county (Houston and surounding areas) which is strict on emissions.

·
all your base
9,599 Posts
I HATE YOU because I want this License plate... I have tried for 6 years to get "AWESOME" in Maryland, but whoever has it won't give it up!

Everytime I register my truck at a show its a 2006 GMC Awesome... people usually say "Wow, a GMC Awesome, I've never heard of that" I say "Yeah, they only made one... and it's Awesome".
:lol: rocked that plate for a few years. I always get compliments on my truck and 90% of the time they say awesome truck man! So I thought it was fitting.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts