Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Bagged Bomber
10,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been reading about their Type r speakers. Does anyone have them? They are pretty cheap and handle alot of power. Ive had alpines in the past and loved them so I may try them again

lmk
nick

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
i have:

Alpine Type R 6.5 components up front
Alpine Type R 6.5 coaxials in the back
powered by an Alpine PDX 4.100 amp

they sound great! really good speakers IMO. much better than the stock ones. now i'm planning on gettin an alpine type r 10" sub to finish it off.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Alpine Type R 6.5 components up front
Alpine Type R 6.5 coaxials in the back
powered by an Alpine PDX 4.100 amp
Same setup I have, no complaints AT ALL. Sounds amazing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The type Rs are really good speakers. I friend of mine swears by them. I don't really like the bass that they produce though. It could just be his box. He just throws his speakers in any box he likes. He doesn't look at air space or anything. If you have an amp to push them right, then they are good. Just DO NOT under power them. They don't seem to like it very much.

If you have any power problems go with a nice set of Fosgate P2s. The newer ones are really good and you can get them fairly cheap.

·
Registered
36 Posts
my bad. i realized that after i posted. I have had some experience with alpine component speakers. They sound really clean and would personally recommend them. Sorry about that.

·
Bagged Bomber
10,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea I was thinking about the comps in the front and coax in the back. Wheres the best place to mount the tweeter? Im also planning on 2 of the 10 woofers powerd by their 1000w amp. Id like to put them in the ext cab doors but thats a big project lol

nick

·
Bagged Bomber
10,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So does this look about right?

Alpine SPR-17S
Alpine SPR-17C
Powered by a Alpine MRP-F450
then 2 Alpine SWR-1022D
powerd by a Alpine MRP-M1000

lmk
nick

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
i take it that you are an alpine person. if your looking for door speakers those are the ones to go with.

they put out a good sound but its a lil too much bass for me.

·
Bagged Bomber
10,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i just got the coaxles for the rear and i think they dont have enough bass lol. I am running them without an amp though

·
Bagged Bomber
10,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just like to keep everything the same. I dont want to mix and match everything I was gonna do JL subs and amps then another kind of speaker but if alpine's as good as ive been reading ill just stick with them and see what happens.

·
Registered
484 Posts
yea alpine is legit i run 6.5 components front 6.0 co axel back w/ kenwood 1200w 5ch amp,only use 4 channels sep. amp for stealth box

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I need some help. I don't have much money but digging around in my closet I found some old Alpine Type R (SPR-17lp 2-ways). I have a stock head unit and just want to put these in for better sound quality. How do you think they will sound? What do I need to do to make these fit? Below are the specs. Thanks

2-way car speakers for 6-1/2" and 6-3/4" locations (pair)
multi-layer pulp woofer cone with rubber surround
1" silk dome tweeter
power handling: 2-50 watts RMS
frequency response: 35-30,000 Hz
sensitivity: 87 dB
peak power handling: 250 watts
mounting rings included for 6-1/2" applications
top-mount depth: 2-9/16"

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I need some help. I don't have much money but digging around in my closet I found some old Alpine Type R (SPR-17lp 2-ways). I have a stock head unit and just want to put these in for better sound quality. How do you think they will sound? What do I need to do to make these fit? Below are the specs. Thanks

2-way car speakers for 6-1/2" and 6-3/4" locations (pair)
multi-layer pulp woofer cone with rubber surround
1" silk dome tweeter
power handling: 2-50 watts RMS
frequency response: 35-30,000 Hz
sensitivity: 87 dB
peak power handling: 250 watts
mounting rings included for 6-1/2" applications
top-mount depth: 2-9/16"
ANYTHING sounds better then stock even duals

take old speakers and put type R's in :lol: no amp needed

1 - 20 of 30 Posts