Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 3.5L, 130K miles.
I think we're seeing a failure pattern with these fuel pressure regulators.
I paid $62 today at NAPA.

If you have an older 355 with some miles on it, you might wanna consider a preventive maintenance on this part. Easy bolt-on.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I'm starting to think mine is toast as well,
I've had a weird lacking in power and mpg the past few days.
I need to yank the hose off when it's running and see if fuel spills.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Changed mine last year! Got it from gmpartsdirect for way less than that, I think.
Glad you caught it and glad you got it for less.

My situation is a little different than most..
I'm a lo-o-o-ong way from home and it's minus 5 degrees here.

I'll pay more than that to have it installed for me in the morning and I'll smile.
I just need to get it taken care of and get on with business.
Got no time to dick around with it.
The NAPA was 5 miles from the office where I'm working at the moment and on route to my motel and they had it in stock. That's all I needed to know.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Amazon's price for ACDelco 88984221 is $43.03. I have "Prime" so I don't see the shipping charge. I don't have an I4/I5, but I agree about the preventive maintenance.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Done.
Glad I got it before I had a roadside incident involving the fire department.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
does this apply to the 3.7L ??

·
Registered
1,104 Posts

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
I was at the dealer last week for a pcm update to fix the perpetual idle problem may are talking about.... they gave me a quote to fix my leaking regulator for $283.34.
They didn't have the part in stock and said they'd have to find one. plus an hour labor...... heck, 2 torx bolts and 20 minutes later I was done in my drive way even if it was 20 degrees out.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I was at the dealer last week for a pcm update to fix the perpetual idle problem may are talking about.... they gave me a quote to fix my leaking regulator for $283.34.
They didn't have the part in stock and said they'd have to find one. plus an hour labor...... heck, 2 torx bolts and 20 minutes later I was done in my drive way even if it was 20 degrees out.

:beek:

Holy shit!
I'll change these out all day long for $283.34!!

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts