Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a Vapor Canister and none of the pull a parts around me have any colorados.
I didn't really want to drop 150 for a new on, or take a chance with a used from ebay.

I was wondering if anyone was able to adapt one from another vehicle.

tia

·
Registered
521 Posts
It's likely you could adapt another canister, but I'd be cautious with swaping the vent solenoid valve - the BCM/PCM may flag it as being bad due to different electrical properties. Why do you think it needs to be replaced?

·
Registered
521 Posts
P0455 is a "large" evap leak. It could be your gas cap (check the surface at the top of the fill tube to make sure the cap can seal), the evap line, the fuel tank, the fuel pump connections at the tank, and/or the evap purge or vent valves. It's unlikely its actually the canister itself. A "smoke test" would be the quickest way to find the leak. I'd go with checking the gas cap first, followed by the vent valve.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
I just went through this with my 2010. P0449 and P0455 codes plus 'FUEL CAP' on the DIC display. Turned out to be the valve/solenoid assembly that is attached to the canister. Not the valve/solenoid up by the engine or the fuel cap.

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
I just went through this with my 2010. P0449 and P0455 codes plus 'FUEL CAP' on the DIC display. Turned out to be the valve/solenoid assembly that is attached to the canister. Not the valve/solenoid up by the engine or the fuel cap.
How bad was the installation? Also, any chance you have that part number? I know my day is probably coming.

·
Registered
521 Posts
For an 05, the OEM part number for the cansiter vent valve solenoid is 20907779, and its a 0.3hr job. It's immediately accessible once your under the truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts