Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have to drive across the sierras often (0ft to ~7,500ft to ~4,500ft) and my 3.5 decides to go on vacation when the air gets thin. Would a tune help or hurt me get over the pass? Besides forced induction and an aftermarket CAI would anything else help? Any info helps! Thanks.

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your truck already has a CAI.

Hard to say if a tune can help. With driving in different elevations it sounds like a tuning nightmare. I'd suspect it be lean down low if you leaned it out for high altitude.

I thought the computers actually already adjusted for altitude. Air is read then fuel is metered accordingly? Is that not quite how it works?
Ya thats what I'm afraid of. I can barely go past 60 on most the stuff over 6000ft though. I thought maybe a tune would help get more out of my engine and the ECU might still adjust accordingly. But I don't know anything about tuning, thats why I'm asking. Couldn't find any relevant threads either.

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
let me add to this some more im an aircraft mech the only thing that will help is more cubes or fi i deal with this for the same reason also on high hot days you be surprised how many people die each year do to this

really to maintain stock hp/tq all you need is 1 psi so if you can do that u will be just fine and u wont need a tune for it

That's good to know, also upsetting that there's no cheap way to fix the suffocation. What do you mean people die?! Haha

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.