Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok quick question...I have a rockford punch HE2 12 inch sub and wanna up the power to it...DVC 4ohm have it ran in Paralell(sp) my amp does not have enough power to push it...(the amp keeps over heating) when I see this

2 x 200 into 4 Ohms
2 x 350 into 2 Ohms
1 x 700 into 4 Ohms
BlackMaxx High Dissipation Heat Sink for more effective heat dissipation
Illuminated BlackMaxx "M" on top-plate
Crunch MOSFET's for clean, reliable, high-speed, high performance output
G-Force Power Supply: PWM power supply instantly delivers maxx current
SEPP (Single Ended Push Pull) A/B Amplifier Operation
Bass Boost Circuit for Enhanced Bass Response
Versa Cross featuring Hi-Pass and Low-Pass Adjustments
High Level Amp Inputs for OEM Receivers without Preamp Outputs
Silver RCA Inputs
Silver RCA Outputs for Amplifier Daisy Chaining
Protection Circuitry guards against: current, short circuit, or thermal overload damage

is this the amp I need

thanx again for the help guys:salute:

·
Registered
84 Posts
If I understand you right, this amp will not push the sub well. You're going to need to find an amp that will push a 2 ohm load bridged to 1 channel since the dual 4 ohm voice coils will make a 2 ohm load when run in parallel.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what I thought so i need to find an amp that is 500 watts 2ohm down to 1 channel...damn all this math is hurtin my head...

thanx a million fender man...i was hopin you would reply

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah...find one that's 2 ohm stable...

But don't go cheap. Often, an off-brand manufacturer (blaupunkt, kraco, jensen, etc) will put 2OHM STABLE! all over their product, but in all reality, it's only stable @ 2ohms for a brief pulse of energy.

·
Registered
84 Posts
And along the same lines, it's got to be 2 ohm stable when bridged (or a two ohm stable 1 channel amp). Most amps today are ok at 2 ohms in stereo, but not 1 ohm which is where it has to be for it to be 2 ohm stable when bridged. Your best bet would be to find a class D single channel sub amp that can drive a 2 ohm load.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool thanx man...my buddy at our local sound shop is hooking me up with an alpine amp..i told him what you told me and he knew exactly what you were talkin about

1 - 6 of 6 Posts