Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm planning on putting my system in my truck after I get my tax return. I already got the subs and amp, so I just need the boxes and the wiring kit. I'm planning on getting these boxes, and a Rockford Fosgate 4-gauge wiring kit.

Now, I just need to find a place for my amp. I was thinking above the jack housing, and running the wires into there and branching off to each of my subs. I got a standard cab, so I don't have many options.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

·
Registered
358 Posts
i screwed mine in right behind my seat

Attachments

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
put it in the center right in place of the jack and have the subs on the side

Heres mine

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Here's my setup......

I wanted to keep the space behind my driver seat available for storage so I opted to mount the amp underneath the pass seat. Perfect spot! Pleny of room and there's a hole already in the carpet for the seat harness.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
yeah i agree with sc! amp in the center sub on the out side if you want you can use my setup as a reference..... and i still have my jack in the stock place i just have to tip the system ahead to get it.....

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd do something like those, if I had the time and money. My tax return got deposited into my account today, so I ordered my HU, wiring kit, and boxes. As for the amp mounting location, I'd put it under my seat, but I kinda like being able to see my amp, as well as making it easier to do the adjustments to it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, what I've decided to do, at least for the time being, is just mount it in the middle above the jack. Later, if I decide to do so, I might get 2 separate amps, one for each sub, and mount them above the subs. I'm also gonna transfer my neon out of my Civic into the truck. Now then, any suggestions about those? I was thinking of, if possible, put them by the doors and tie them in to the dome light. Anyone have some idea about how to do that?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's my setup......

I wanted to keep the space behind my driver seat available for storage so I opted to mount the amp underneath the pass seat. Perfect spot! Pleny of room and there's a hole already in the carpet for the seat harness.
What did you use to secure your box? I was thinking of just getting some 90 degree angle brackets or something to bolt it to the floor so it won't tip forward or slide around.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Mine fit right under the passenger seat. I just need a long skinny screwdriver to do adjustments with.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yea, well I'm looking for for a back massage more then an ass massage. >.<

Plus, even though it would be funny as hell, I don't feel like having a girl climax on my seat. Well, unless I'm the one that caused it. XP

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, I got another question. Where did you hook the amp power cable to, and how did you run it through the firewall? I was looking and couldn't find a way to get it through the 'wall without making another hole. Is it just that Chevy didn't make any extra holes, or am I just missing them?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts