Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I lowered my truck the bed has had this freakin squeak going over bumps,anybody else have this problem.Any help would be great.Gonna get under it tommorow and check the bolts.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Ever since I lowered my truck the bed has had this freakin squeak going over bumps,anybody else have this problem.Any help would be great.Gonna get under it tommorow and check the bolts.
mine started doing this lately too...even when i get out of the truck it squeaks...and i'm not even fat! :lol:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i wasn't saying that...just when I think of a fat guy getting out of a truck I think of the truck moving a lot which could cause it to squeak. i wasn't implying anyone was :lol:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Same problem, pretty sure my drop ball joints are fucked.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Same problem, pretty sure my drop ball joints are fucked.
Mines in he back though,and its only been 3 weeks and I used shocks and springs up front.But I did read somewhere here to grease them often(the drop balljoints)and that worked

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
hhmmmm before i left i had driven like 9k with my drop on (using springs and blocks) and no squeaky noise here.

it would make sense if it was the leafs. i have never greased mine up :shrug: what do you do take em off one at a time and put greese in between em?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^ I'm thinkin just spray them with WD-40 or spray the bushings or somethin.Gonna go out there today and do it.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well after wd40 and silocone spray and gettig frustrated I finally figured out what it was. The damn shock was touching the mount bucket so every time I hit a bump I got a squeek,lol. Just had to loosen it a little and slide it back some.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
glad ya got it fixed... a little grease didn't hurt it anyways.

and i'm a big guy ;) so my truck moves a little bit when I drop into it hard :lol: thank god for sway bars or the truck would probably shake a couple times :lol:

As for greasing them I use "white lithium grease" from dupont and if I go all out i'll just jack up the truck by the differential and remove the rear wheels to give the leafs and the bushings a nice spray down. Then I put everything on nice and tight and get on the bumper and work the suspension a few times. :) Works great and always stops my squeeks

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
glad ya got it fixed... a little grease didn't hurt it anyways.

and i'm a big guy ;) so my truck moves a little bit when I drop into it hard :lol: thank god for sway bars or the truck would probably shake a couple times :lol:

As for greasing them I use "white lithium grease" from dupont and if I go all out i'll just jack up the truck by the differential and remove the rear wheels to give the leafs and the bushings a nice spray down. Then I put everything on nice and tight and get on the bumper and work the suspension a few times. :) Works great and always stops my squeeks

Thanks for the tip Im gonna try that next time.The only bad part about spraying the leafs was the truck smell like wd for a couple days,haha,but its cool.Yeah the white lithium is what I wanted to use but I misplaced it and was annoyed so I said screw it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts