Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got bored the other day so I trolled craigslist for an engine stand. About 5 hours later and this is what I came up with. Finally got my bored over 3.7 put together. I borrowed an engine lift from my neighbor so tomorrow morning I'm going to attempt to do the swap. The trans is already out so it should go alittle quicker.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bored .02 over. Rock auto offers stock replacement and .02 pistons for the 3.7.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Getting closer.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
About ready to set the new one in. I had to get in the engine bay and give it alittle assistance.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
Glad to see you doing it, you planning to put the engine and tranny back in together?

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The trans is at the shop and my truck is too far up on my concrete pad.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Depends. The head wasn't an 07 so I have to drill it for the sensor tomorrow. I'm hoping to have in installed tomorrow but don't know if it'll happen.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha. Your really going to hate that I was in shorts and flip flops. Got soo close. Going to drill the sensor in the morning then try to get it installed and everything put together.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Looks like that old motor serviced you well out in the mud pits

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
Honestly jealous that you can be working outside this time of year. Was wiring some things earlier and it was 0* outside. Warmest it has been all week.
0???? Holy hell, how does anyone live in that? It was 57 today and I thought that was cold.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea it was pretty reliable. I never even had the head replaced. Probably needed to. Never had any problems out of it tho.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Almost got it all together. Got a few more things left and it'll be time to see if she'll fire and run.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Only thing I did was get new sensors. The cam gears look identical to what was in my 06 head all but the sensor. She runs. Fired right up. I got it idling for a little bit. Ima change the oil in it and put my trans and tcase back in.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts