Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I have a 2007 Colorado LT 3.7L 2wd.
Started having problems where while driving, the gauges would all drop to nothing and traction and abs messages would come on. But it wouldn't stall the truck. Get home, turn off, try to restart and nothing. Won't even engage starter.
Let sit for a while, and boom fires up. Did this for a few days until, it wouldn't fire up again. Disconnected battery. the bcm, pcm. Nothing.

So I get a used bcm, and try to do the security relearn. Which is try start, then leave in on position for 10 min until security light goes out. But mines doesn't do that.
I try start, nothing. So I leave in ON position. Only the security light is on. About 10 seconds later, all the lights come on in the cluster and running lights. And about 5 seconds after that, all the lights go out and only the check engine and seatbelt light are on. No security light. What do I do?!? It seems like it won't do the relearn procedure.

Been sitting for a week and I'm driving the wifes van. Need to try fix this asap. Any help is much appreciated. (sorry for the small novel)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wow! I have not heard of that happening before. I know there are issues with the security system locking the truck out but not to that extent.
Is there an aftermarket radio or other electrical components in there?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it has an aftermarket HU. I tried swapping the PCM with a used one as well. Connected the battery again, and it looked like it was doing the relearn. Did it 3 times, and then went to try start again, nothing, so I left it in ON position and then all the lights went out. security light too. Only seatbelt and engine light stayed on. This thing is driving me crazy

·
Registered
70 Posts
I would try 2 get a hold of james @Supermodulation hes really good with these trucks
Yeah that's probably your best bet to get this figured out.

When I did my head unit a few years back, there was an extra component for the security system I believe. It hooked into a few leads. It may be something like that. I'm not sure.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've not replaced one, but this is what my service manual say for the programming:

BODY CONTROL MODULE (BCM) PROGRAMMING/RPO CONFIGURATION

INTRODUCTION

The procedures below are designed to set-up the body control module (BCM) correctly during BCM related service. Before you start, read these procedures carefully and completely.

IMPORTANT : The following procedures must be followed:
  1. Programming the BCM
  2. Learning the restraints ID
  3. Programming Theft Deterrent System Components
  4. Program Key Fobs
PROGRAMMING THE BCM

IMPORTANT
: After the procedure is completed, the personalization settings of the BCM are set to a default setting. Inform the customer that the personalization must be set again.

Perform BCM special function "Request BCM Info. for SPS", then follow the instructions on the screen. Refer to Service Programming System (SPS) in Programming and Setup for more information.

LEARNING THE RESTRAINTS ID
Perform BCM special function "Setup SDM Serial Number in BCM", then follow the instructions on the screen.

PROGRAMMING THEFT DETERRENT SYSTEM COMPONENTS
Perform BCM special function "Request VTD Info. for SPS", then follow the instructions on the screen. Refer to Programming Theft Deterrent System Components in Theft Deterrent.

PROGRAM KEY FOBS
Refer to Transmitter Programming in Keyless Entry for the proper procedure.

IMPORTANT : After programming, perform the following to avoid future misdiagnosis:
  1. Turn the ignition OFF for 10 seconds .
  2. Connect the scan tool to the data link connector.
  3. Turn the ignition ON, with the engine OFF.
  4. Use the scan tool in order to retrieve history DTCs from all modules.
  5. Clear all history DTCs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts