Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've grown suppppperrr tired of my pro comp 9000s that I've been running on my truck for about a year or two now and they feel just way too stiff and spray oil and shit everywhere in the front of the truck. It seems to be the same problem as the pair of es3000s I had prior. When I took out the 3000s to replace them, the fronts were so stiff that the shock wouldnt even expand back out after compressing by hand. This kinda of worried me but i went ahead and switched the shocks. It didn't feel like the ride towards the front got any better than it was. I haven't pulled the es9000s out to check them but i can't stand how bad it is so i came to the nation for advice.

My truck has a slight TB crank and two inch shackles out back. I was wondering if the nation could put in some input and help me pick a shock that would both last and perform well on the road and be able to put up with a little bit of trail abuse. Looking at the threads on here and ExPo it sounds like people are pretty fond of Bilsteins and the performance they offer, but then again I'm not sure. I've been looking at mainly bilsteins (4600s and 5100s although I'm pretty sure the 5100s are too big) and i feel the need to bring this question to you guys.

I'm open to suggestions and any other helpful info (Part #'s, etc.) that i could use in my decision.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I had the Bilstein 4600s on before my lift - they were excellent and the valving was perfect for our trucks. I later installed a Rancho 4'' kit and used the RS5000 shocks that came with the kit. They were ok, but did not hold the road as well as the Bilsteins. With the 4'' lift I couldn't used the OEM fitment Bilstein 4600s, so I contacted Bilstein and they advised me of the proper valving to use with the 5125s. I had to modify the bushings slightly to make the 5125s work, but they're excellent as well. I would highly recommend Bilstein shocks for these trucks.

·
Registered
409 Posts
You'll be able to use the OEM fitment bilstein 4600s up front without a problem. With the shackles in the rear you may need a longer shock, but the direct fit 4600 may still work if your leaf packs have sagged a bit. That's an easy way to get the proper valving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts