Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 06cc has about 105k miles on it... Just took it in today because it was misfiring again and they said i need to have coil pack numbers 3,5 replaced... and they already replaced 2,4 maybe 6 months ago. Is this common or is something wrong that is causing this to happen?

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
4 down 1 to go. I wouldn't worry. I would replace te last one as precautionary measures

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it maybe the coils but heads up u may have the head problem starting to come up
I went in to the dealership at 99k to see if i had the bad head problem and they said no, its only a bad coil pack... are the coil packs a sign of the head problem? and wouldn't it have already happened by 105k miles?

·
Member's Technical crew
12,060 Posts
I do NOT think its your head bro. highly doubt it in fact. Just replace the dang things with new ones and go about your business. A bad coil pack will cause your issue. AND if it went away completely after they replaced teh last one's well...that means its not a ead issue cause once it starts it does NOT just go away. Maybe a light off for a week or two..hell even a month at a time...but uncommon to be more than a month or so before the light comes right back on. IF you want, I will sell ya the two or three coils you need. They are used..but in decent condition.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Coil packs go out man its a fact of life and once you have one or two go bad the rest tend to follow right behind... I have no clue why but I had a pimpin 1991 regal in High School until I bought my old truck those coil packs fire two cylinders at a time talk about major suck and it was one after another after another.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts