Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Decided to start going heavy black/white contrast. Only completed rims so far, but next will be all the chrome and emblems.

Since I'm going for the stormtrooper look, I'll try to get a vertical bar grill. Debating if I'll take it white or black though.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Re: Another PlastiDip!

Nice! Any plastidip tips? First time i used it was on my rims and expected to use about a can per wheel but only used half that. A month or so later and the little depressions in the rim are air filled and consequently popping and peeling.

Anyways looks good, look forward to seeing more!

·
How d'ya like them apples
941 Posts

Nice! Any plastidip tips? First time i used it was on my rims and expected to use about a can per wheel but only used half that. A month or so later and the little depressions in the rim are air filled and consequently popping and peeling.

Anyways looks good, look forward to seeing more!
I did about 5 coats on mine and never had a problem with them

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I did about 5 coats + some extra where needed... I had a tough time with these stock rims because of all the angles. In the long run I'd just like to get black rims. It's only a day old so I'm not sure how it's holding up yet. Best tip for any painting is spend more time prepping.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Did the bumper... Yes I know it is dented. Was like that when I bought it. Unfortunately I didnt see until afterwards. Thats ok though! Eventually I would like to get a decent looking off road style rear bumper.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts