Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Another Rodeo axle swap

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Racer X 
#1 ·
Ive been throwing around the idea of getting a different axle and Soa for 2 purposes 1. Get 4.10s at 1/2 the cost and hassle and 2. More height. As my truck sits it has a slight negative rake. My truck is a 2005 z85 4x4 rancho front with ~.5-1" crank (probably going to about 2" soon) and the rear is lifted via rancho shackles and AAL, I also have a topper and a big heavy basket onto of that. But I'm curios if it will give to me too much rake by just taking out the AAL (can't take out shackles cuz the old ones got cut up)

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
:yeahthat:
I'd leave it sua with the dana 44 and get some 1/2 ton springs that will net u around 2" lift plus better load capacity. Match the new leafs with the shackles and see where your at.
:high5:

#4 ·
Unless your running a massive amount of crank or that topper weighs more than I would guess, you will prolly want to do the rear all stock with the soa. Mine is with a 4" kit, about 2" crank, even when I had a very heavy crank when the kit first went on I still had 2" rake with a skyjacker add a leaf and soa so I took it out. My advice is get helper bags. That's what I did, then whether you have 1" crank or 3" you can just add a lil air to level it out. Plus use them when towing to keep it leveled and riding good

#9 ·
If you soa with stock leafs with a topper your leafs are going to be W in no time. When I soa my truck I left the AAL in for the moment and it looked silly. I took it out and put a 1.5" block in to level me out. But by the time I sas my truck and went to 1/2 ton leafs my rear had sagged down a lot.

#11 ·
I'd leave it sua with the dana 44 and get some 1/2 ton springs that will net u around 2" lift plus better load capacity. Match the new leafs with the shackles and see where your at.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.