Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So we have established that OTTP headers and Doug Thorley headers fit on factory V8 2wd trucks without modification. But what about TBSS headers on a factory v8 truck?

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
someone did use a set when they did a swap, needed a BFH to make them fit
plus some frame mount mods

·
Nation's Troll
2,082 Posts
That was me, and I have no idea how they'd fit on a factory truck.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I went through a couple of v8 conversion threads but from what I read the main issues were the conversion engine mounts and upper control arm mounts. But from my understanding the 08-Up trucks have a wider frame from the cab to the core support and our engine mounts are much lower. Karlen's V8 Swap with the TBSS Pacesetters is what made me think about it. Here's a comparison pic of the Ottp V8 Colorado Headers to Pacesetter TBSS Headers.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was me, and I have no idea how they'd fit on a factory truck.
Thanks for the conversion thread and all the pics Karlen they're defiantly coming in handy for making comparisons. You don't have any pics of your headers out of the engine bay after you modified they do you?

·
Nation's Troll
2,082 Posts
You can see in my build thread the clearance issues I had with the passenger side upper control arm mount.

edit-I don't believe I have any more pictures, once they were in, they stayed in but I can look through my pictures again

·
Nation's Troll
2,082 Posts
You can see where I cut off part of the upper mount, part where it squares off.

Here where the Pacesetters plate was on the first primary, that had to come off to clear the steering.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The pictures make it look much easier than CP made them out to be. Did they need a lot of beating on the primaries? And do they rattle at all?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also is it just me or do my control arm mounts look shorter than yours?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Keith, are you going to give the TBSS headers a try ?
maybe the shorty TBSS headers mite fit better

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I'm just gonna go the same route as Karlen with the long tubes. The idea of spending $650 on headers that aren't stainless and aren't long tubes bothers me Ottp seem like nice headers but they don't com coated. Guess I'll be the first to try the pacesetters on a factory v8 truck lol

·
Nation's Troll
2,082 Posts
I'd suggest getting the black ones, burning off the coating and repainting them yourself with high temp paint. Mine are getting quite corroded after two years.

·
Registered
283 Posts
OTTP headers do come coated. It's an option. Also, the long tubes come in stainless if you want. I got the stainless.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alittle up date I ordered pacesetter Tbss headers today can't wait to get them in and see how they fit

·
Registered
778 Posts
me too, I curious to see how they fit?
headers is on my to-do list this year.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I found the armor coated headers on ebay for $360 I'm excited to get them hopefully it will give all of us with the factory v8 a cheaper option with some decent gains.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Are these headers made for rwd or awd Tbss?? or would there be a difference?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm not sure if theres a difference but we'll see what the deal is soon

1 - 20 of 40 Posts