Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· The Butcher
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is another "my window and door locks don't work'' thread. About 2 years ago they stopped working. Wasn't sure if anyone figured out a actual fix. I've tried everything! The door locks from the drivers side don't work, the mirror controls don't work and the drivers side window don't work. Thinking I need a BCM. But is this something i can buy off eBay, Plug and play or do i have to bring it to the dealer? Could it be the doors switch's? I dunno..just very frustrated!

· The Butcher
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By everything i mean all the no cost tricks. Unhooking the battery, touching the cables together, unhooking the bcm, checked the wires in the door..etc etc. Haven't replaced anything yet but the battery. I was going to try the switches first but yesterday my power mirrors stopped working so now I'm leaning toward the bcm. I just didn't want to do the process of elimination and spent a lot of money when it was something simple I might of missed.

· The Butcher
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE! Since my last post a week ago I unhooked my battery and left the cables together for exactly 1 week and this morning i went out and hooked everything back up and to my surprise everything worked BUT my drivers side window! Sooo how do I solve this? How can I test my motor? Will it fit in other side or back door? Or is there a way to test the switch?

· The Butcher
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just tested the motor to the battery and it works! so must be the switch...thanks Rick!

· The Butcher
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got this far I'm probably NEVER unhooking my battery again!! But I noticed my switch doesn't even light up so I ordered a new one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.