Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering how many people have had some type of issue with their vehicle. I have a 2007 GMC Canyon SLE 3.7L Crew Cab with Z71 package. I'm around 75K miles and so far I've had a couple issues such as; brakes glazing (continues to squeal), third brake light had a sealing issue where my floor inside got soaked after a rain storm, thermostat got stuck open and after new install a few overheating issues until I washed and used forced air to blow it out now it's starting to stay around mid gauge, also the blower resistor for #3 went out (replaced), and floor gets hot on passenger side due to catalytic converter (buying some dynopad to put under carpet). Overwise a few issues I love my truck and I do my best to keep her clean and running strong.

flowmaster imitation muffler and side pipe
JL stealthbox 10W3v3
Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD in-dash unit
alpine type R components in front and reg. type R in back. 2 amps
K&N air filter
LED underdash
SilverStar zXe low and high beam
Bed rug
Leather roll up Tonneau
tow hitch
Tinted 5% rear window, 20% back windows, 35% front windows[/FONT]

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
Yup, all common issues. Lot's of threads on all of them here.

Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey 08Canyon

Sorry should have been a little more descriptive, old tstat got stuck open and my truck only got hot after an hour or so and then it threw codes. Once I replaced the tstat is when the overheating part came in to effect.

Also, to anyone who can answer this!!
What kind of grease will not cease up in heat or cold. My rear window had an issue with going up really slow, so I bought a new arm and installed. Noticed with the new parts it was still moving slow going up. I took a ruler wrapped in cloth and slid up and down in the rubber window track and used a little WD40 started moving faster up. Now it's getting slow again and I wish to put something to last longer. Not sure why it gets hung up, but tried new pieces with no luck!

Thanks,
Blkcanyon07

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey 08Canyon

Sorry should have been a little more descriptive, old tstat got stuck open and my truck only got hot after an hour or so and then it threw codes. Once I replaced the tstat is when the overheating part came in to effect.

Also, to anyone who can answer this!!
What kind of grease will not cease up in heat or cold. My rear window had an issue with going up really slow, so I bought a new arm and installed. Noticed with the new parts it was still moving slow going up. I took a ruler wrapped in cloth and slid up and down in the rubber window track and used a little WD40 started moving faster up. Now it's getting slow again and I wish to put something to last longer. Not sure why it gets hung up, but tried new pieces with no luck!

Thanks,
Blkcanyon07
I used silicone break lube on mine , works really well ,

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
These trucks are inexpensive mass-produced vehicles.
They aren't perfect, everyone here knows that.

The fact that this (and the other) website(s) exist at all says much though.
The Colorado/Canyon family has positive qualities that some of us appreciate.
And I think I can speak for most here to say that the positive qualities far outweigh the few less-desirable attributes.
If it were not so there would not be so many here (myself among them) who plan to do whatever it takes to keep these machines on the road for years to come.

My truck:
An '05 Z85 crew-cab,
a) Had the valve-seat problem after a few months and 13k miles, serviced under warranty (new factory head replaced in less than 4 hours and hasn't given any problems since)

b) Had the leaking 3rd brake-lamp, which I resolved with a custom piece made of polycarbonate, a couple hours and about $20 cost.

c) Recently at 132K the fuel-pressure regulator began leaking. $50 and 20 minutes later it was taken care of.

That's it. It has never once left me stranded anywhere for 134K high-revving miles across 18 states.
I drive it as if it was a sports-car.... Hard and fast.

Just returned from a 450-mile road-trip from Milwaukee to the Michigan upper-peninsula for no purpose but to enjoy driving my 355. Nothing but fun.
It ain't perfect (what is?) but after more than 9 years my truck puts a smile on my face every day.

·
SOLD!!!
4,508 Posts
Have had mine since bought new in July 2004. 80k miles. Only had to replace fan clutch, driver's window motor and driver's door switch. Still running original brakes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think the newer years were improved over the earlier models. Granted, I haven't had my truck long enough to encounter any issues as of yet, but I've read plenty of reviews (so-called "experts"), that admitted that the later trucks had improved brakes, etc. I don't have the road noise with my truck that the earlier ones experienced, for example. I have the V8 in my 2010 Z85 4x4, so I can't comment on the I5 engine---the 5.3 was a proven motor in full-size GM trucks. So far so good for me---the only complaint that I have is the air conditioning compressor turns off and on far too often, even on hot days. With my old '99 Sierra, the compressor was on constantly, which made for a cold cab. The air conditioning in this truck is not as good IMO.

On another positive note, a former employee at my firm still has his '05 Z71 which he bought new and has had ZERO problems in 9 years of ownership. His truck has 85,000 mi on it and all he's done are oil changes and brakes. There's not even any rust on his truck after 9 winters in Northern NY. Pretty impressive. He's waiting to trade when the '15 model comes out.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
2004 - owned since new (274 miles on the clock when I took delivery)

2004- windshield leak, fix under warranty

2008- both cats plugged, DUE to a tune that was to rich........I gutted the pre cat and replaced the secondary for $264 from Advance

2011 - replaced drivers side door master switch (windows/locks) used from a member here aka IVAN

Everything else I replaced that to either rid the truck of stock parts or normal wear and tear items.

Otherwise, 106,700 miles of drama free ownership. I attribute this to being a maintenance nazi and driving it like i stole.......well the first 5 years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts