Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Any New 5 lug Conversion Info?

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  FRANKTHETANK315 
#1 ·
i did some searches and all older threads. Anyone know like S10 hubs,. or use other control arms.? im doing a 2005 ,ls swap , and turbo, and tubbed rear. So will be 5 lug rims in rear want 5 in front.

#2 ·
only thing i have seen lately(because i asked) is michigan metal worx has built a custom colorado spindle before for a cover truck...bolts to factory arms(if you want it to)
can be setup as a drop spindle up to 3" i believe
the spindle is built to have a s10 blazer i believe 99 and up, (whichever year that changed some)hub assembly bolt directly to the spindle
said he could build to bolt to a different hub assembly if wanted to, price would be on individual basis.
so if you use stock arms or 355 arms then basically you could go back to 6 lug by swapping hub back out.
custom is pricey...
think up to a 3" drop spindle from them is around $900 w/powder coat(offered on site)
i was quoted in the $1200-$1300 range for the 2.5" drop with blazer hub conversion spindle setup
also, was told if we could get atleast a 4-6 person group together to buy them with same drop and hub conversion at same time, he could offer a small discount...believe around $1000 to $1100
i dont have that kinda money right now to do a 5 lug swap, but for some, that may be a pretty descent option.

or you could always cut off the control arm mounting points and build your own and put like some s10 or mustang II arms on it.. just depends on your fabricating ability

#4 ·
Thanks guys. I would never pay 1000 bucks for spindles.

I just sold my 750 rear wheel horsepower turbo mustang and now im gonna build this.Rearend and tub starts next month when i take off road for winter. so ill start a thread then.

I have bunch fo small parts from mustang and buying a junkyard 5.3 and t will have twin 76 mm turbos, powerglide and 31-14 tires in rear. should go low 9's im hoping

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.