Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone have a "How To:" on how to install belltech balljoints. Or at least some pointers to help guide me.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
I don't think anyone has done a how to for the balljoints yet. But they do come with instructions and have pictures that guide you along the way.

Sorry, can't be of much help.

They are pretty straight forward though.........

·
Registered
893 Posts
That has to be cut off

·
Registered
893 Posts
There is a mounting hole in the ball joint that it goes into.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok cool sounds like I dont got nothing to worry about. Cant wait to get the balljoints already!

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
The install was relatively easy. The hardest part was cutting off the stock stab. bar brackets. And that was only cause I suck with a sawzall!! LOL Other than that, it's a simple bolt on application.

I will say this though, the instructions or I should say the picture of the upper ball joint spacers, suck ass. You can't really see how the spacer is positioned so you're left to use your better judgement. After messing with different mounting positions for about a half hour, I came to the conclusion that it didn't matter which way it went, the piece was symetrical. At least I thought so. I was going to ask others about it, but I haven't had any problems with mine so it must be on there right.

It's really not hard at all bro. Just dive right in! I did my whole drop (incl. the rear blocks) by myself in about 2 hrs. And that was including the time I wasted with the upper bj spacer and my sloppy sawzall work! But I did have it on the lift at work and all my air tools.:355:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts