Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone in the 355 nation running Nitrous on a 5.3l ?
I like the idea of having the power when I want it.
Not like a Supercharger. or Turbo that is on all the time.
How much (More) power should I expect from a (dyno tune) on a stock 5.3l (CAI & A Pipe) Stock other wise? The Stock tune Sucks In the trucks. T-By-Wire -Trans Shift -
How muck (HP) will A Stock Trans Take?
Thanks

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
I am sure there are some running nitrous however a great place for info about nitrous on the 5.3L is going to LS1tech.com 's nitrous section and doing some reading.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I like the idea of having the power when I want it.
except when its cold out and you need a bottle warmer, or its super-hot in your car and you’re afraid of the bottle exploding. Or constantly refilling that bottle…and finding a place that will refill it.

Not like a Supercharger. or Turbo that is on all the time.
this statement makes zero sense.

A stock 5.3 with rod bolts and a turbo will make upwards of 1000 hp. There are plenty of magazine features and how tos to prove this.

Nitrous will not do that.

How much power do you want? Is the first question you should ask yourself. then the second question is how much money do you want to spend on it.
Camshaft, exhaust, TB, injectors and a good tune should get you up close to 500hp, add heads for more power..

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
a NO2 tune changes with the weather. you need to check the solenoids if you don't
use it for a while. you need a A/F ratio gauge to keep it tuned right. way to much
shit to go wrong on a DD.:ugh::ugh::ugh:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the ls1tech was a big help. thanks skizzo
it makes perfect sense --bk2life. (here's your sign)
if your engine is running so is the supercharger or turbo.!
nitrous comes on when you hit the switch.
as far as HP (100 to 150) would be fine. Budget -$2- Grand.
I would like the tvs1900 supercharger just don't want to spend 6k+ tune at the moment.

1000hp wtf not building a promod. LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts