Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had converted the base model seat into buckets? I need to know how the frame is built, is it a bucket frame? Thanks

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
im with you 100% on this one i have the reg cab CAN and i would like to go with low lying buckets but i have a feeling when i get them ill need to remount differnt rails and that is makeing me wait to out in the new carpet and Dynomat. If any one can throw in a few links and maby a clear idea on how much needs to be altered it would make this project 50x easyer

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok boys, it is indeed a bucket seat frame with the center portion welded on by way of brackets. I will be cutting mine Thursday or Friday. All you have to do is restitch the current seat cover deleting the center section.

·
Registered
181 Posts
it can be done, but youd be better off actually buying a set of bucket seats (check the junkyard's n' see if u can find one)

the base 60/40 bench just aint comfy, ya could convert it to buckets, but it'd still wouldn't be nearly as good as the real thing

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
it can be done, but youd be better off actually buying a set of bucket seats (check the junkyard's n' see if u can find one)

the base 60/40 bench just aint comfy, ya could convert it to buckets, but it'd still wouldn't be nearly as good as the real thing
you're too late, he already did his. they look pretty good too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
that bench-bucket seat-cutting thing is ghetto.

i did a real bench to bucket conversion, unfortunately i didn't take any pictures since i didn't have a camera
i used two seats from a 98 blazer, found them at a junkyard for $50 each. no power, but 6-way adjusting and i like them since my family has owned a bunch of blazers.
so your experience can be easier then mine..
1. use the factory rails and seatbelts.
2. '04 has no airbag pressure bladder or sensor, just wiring.
3. disconnect the mounting bolts, unclip wiring. take out the seats and take them apart. unscrew the mounting bolts from the top by taking the seat apart into 2 pieces.
4. cut off the original mounting bolts and drill them out. you will want to fasten the bolts on the bottom not the top.
5. put the rails back into the truck, and measure off the distance. drill your holes into the bottom of your new seats.
6. get a grinder or dremel and cut away the sides of the factory rail to fit the new seats. this part was the pain in the ass. make sure to smooth the metal after.
7. mount your new seats. i used lock washers on each side of the rail and 5/16 bolts.

sorry for no pictures of the process but i attachd one of the end result.. seats that recline and are so much more comfy than the original piece of cardboard bench.
-m

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks bud just saw your forum today.
i have gotten some great ideas already and will try to post info on all my future projects
i'm up in illinois now for the summer (working with CAT) and so i don't have any tools. when i get back to texas i'll prob do something cool..

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
thanks bud just saw your forum today.
i have gotten some great ideas already and will try to post info on all my future projects
i'm up in illinois now for the summer (working with CAT) and so i don't have any tools. when i get back to texas i'll prob do something cool..
right on man

i would love to know what your plans are and what kind of rado you have....you can do that by indroducing yourself in the new members section :355:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
that bench-bucket seat-cutting thing is ghetto.

i did a real bench to bucket conversion, unfortunately i didn't take any pictures since i didn't have a camera
i used two seats from a 98 blazer, found them at a junkyard for $50 each. no power, but 6-way adjusting and i like them since my family has owned a bunch of blazers.
sorry, those look terrible. should done some grand prix seats.

·
Registered
3 Posts
well it was nice checking out your site, but this is worth being banned for..

"sorry, those look terrible. should done some grand prix seats."

fuck you. i put a lot of work into that and i like the way it came out. you should keep your worthless opinions to yourself.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
well it was nice checking out your site, but this is worth being banned for..

"sorry, those look terrible. should done some grand prix seats."

fuck you. i put a lot of work into that and i like the way it came out. you should keep your worthless opinions to yourself.
how bout you keep your orthless opinions to your self saying the my shit looked ghetto. some of us cant afford to swap buckets but had the reclining bench seat. Oh and welcome :welcome::355:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts