Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I did the 1". Wasn't too hard. The hardest part of the 3" is relocating the radiator and the steering shaft extender. The radiator was a pain for some.

Totally doable if you have any knowledge of hand tools.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
ME also, did a 1" considering the 3" nothing particulary difficult as stated, A ot of work. I have looked at PA's instructions, they show their intermediate steering shaft extender as 2 pieces. Does the top one not seem to have a bolt? Maybe someone out their has installed one an can answer this for me. One thing I would prefer to have is a Flaming River or Borgeson Shaft, I have had a Borgeson in my CJ, 96 Ram, & 92 F150. There we noticeable differences in steering. I talked to Borgeson and If it can be spec'd out they could build a shaft. If you are pulling it apart it would be a good time to spec it out.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
cst makes a 5'', rancho and skyjacker i beleive have a 4'' and fabtech has a 3''....

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I installed a 3" body lift on my fiances Colorado. It was a good days work, but could have been done quicker if my compressor wasn't acting up while I was cutting the radiator support. I'd give it a 5 on a scale of 1-10 for difficulty. Really isn't too much to it other than the radiator mount. Basically you are just unbolting the cab and bed, jacking it up and bolting it back with the spacers. The bumper brackets are easy, the mounts are easy, the sterring shaft is easy with the extension they give you.

It's definitly worth saving labor fees and doing it yourself.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Got any pics of your Efan install? Also have you noticed any seat of the pants performance improvement using electric. I have noticed my rad hoses are snug with a 1 inch bodylift, having left the rad in the stock location. Are you having any pinch or crimping issues with your hoses?

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i had to purchase a new upper hose and modify it to fit ( pep boys PN 71519) and i had to trim the lower hose about 2" (the end that attaches to the radiator), its all good now! i did not notice any performance gains with the electric fan, but it would be hard to tell because i added very heavy tires and bumpers when i did the body lift... here are some pics:

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Hey Tom - what bumper is that? Did you make it?

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys... those bumpers, front and rear, are from a company down in Georgia called Kennesaw Mountain Accessories. while not cheap (About $1,400.00 for both), they are very strong and should bolt right up (the front went on beautifully, but I am still having some issues with them on the back (things got a little complicated with their jig setup or something because I ordered the bumpers to fit with the 3" body lift)) there was many options available from them as far as fog lights, different types of shackle mounts and finishes... I like the clearance that the front bumper has for bigger tires....

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
hey tom...real jealous about the light bar... you custom make it? If so you willing to fab up another one...or show more pics on how you did yours?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts