Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my 2.8 engine on my 04 is dead somebody sells me a engine from an 05 but when I get the engine it turns out is from an 07 and a 2.9 has anybody done this swap that could tell me what is different and help or lead me to athread or someone that I can pm that has done this swap thank you everybody for all the help.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link but again that thread just talks about it being simple and easy but does not really state what needs to be changed i heard something about fuel rails needing to be changed... again thanks for all the help everybody it is really apreciated

·
the guy that always on
3,237 Posts
In the thread link above. I just read the whole thing. The Op stated that he used all 07 2.9 sensors. All 2.8 accessories (alt, power steering etc), harness computer and tune. And the motor ran fine. Although not required an update to the tune would be recommend as you can fully take advantage of the redesign of the 07+ motor. I would hit up @Supermodulation for the tune of you decide to. I'm not sure about the fuel rails but if they look the same I wouldn't change it. If there is an obvious difference then maybe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What I’ve just found out is that the 04-05 flywheel connection is different than the 06.
I’m curious about if the same hookup carried thru to the 07 as I can get a low km 2.9 for a pretty good price at a local wreckers. I bought an 05 2.8 but it doesn’t swap into the 06, so will the 07 2.9 bolt up...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts