Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh ok, I hope so. I'm wondering if it will sound ricey or just really loud and throaty? You think I will lose power due to lack of backpressure?

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Oh ok, I hope so. I'm wondering if it will sound ricey or just really loud and throaty? You think I will lose power due to lack of backpressure?
backpressure is a myth... its all about exhaust gas velocity

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Hey....thats my line :)
lol sorry... i agreed with it (from a few debates ive read, seems backpressure isnt so important lol) and your way of saying it is catchy haha

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I beleave thestoprule is running no cats. Maby he will see this post
yeah im running no cats (deleted 1st and 2nd cat) but i have a flowmaster super40, its really "throaty" but still sounds ok.

i am looking into gettin a performance cat when emmissions comes up tho... no time soon

·
Registered
839 Posts
i just got my cut out and its ridiculously loud! so i can burn valves by doing so?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah im running no cats (deleted 1st and 2nd cat) but i have a flowmaster super40, its really "throaty" but still sounds ok.

i am looking into gettin a performance cat when emmissions comes up tho... no time soon
Any performance gain?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
low end a little.. but nothing HUGE. im planning on getting tuned soon so that will make a difference. sounds good tho.

Oh ok I see. Have you thought of installing a resonator to quiet it down a little. How is the in-cab drone?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
naw its not too annoyingly loud. and i dont have my exhaust pipe exiting all the way out the back, it ends just about half way at my bed. as for inside the cab... i have a crew cab so it's not too loud but you can still feel/hear it pretty well. next time i throw it on the lift i will take a pic and post it

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
i have the manifold cat delete and a carsound high flow cat inplace of the downstream cat, with a 24"x8" resonator stock muffler, it sounds fine to me a little louder than stock.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
naw its not too annoyingly loud. and i dont have my exhaust pipe exiting all the way out the back, it ends just about half way at my bed. as for inside the cab... i have a crew cab so it's not too loud but you can still feel/hear it pretty well. next time i throw it on the lift i will take a pic and post it
Shit...I have mine dumped b4 the axle

:shrug:

i have the manifold cat delete and a carsound high flow cat inplace of the downstream cat, with a 24"x8" resonator stock muffler, it sounds fine to me a little louder than stock.
what brand is your resonator?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts