Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've always wondered for our current as well as for the 15. Doing pop out Windows for the rear seats. I'm talking the old school latch and all lol. Since from the pics show the new one won't have them, is there a type of mod I could do to add this to my current truck. I know it's old school 80s style but ive always liked it. All I find via eBay is replacement latches for existing instead of a kit I guess you could say. Thanks y'all.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
Re: Anyone added pop out Windows to an ext cab

You would have to make your own, my guess is to go to a junk yard and find some and make them work for your truck. I would rather have them roll down but making them pop out would be a lot easier. :shrug:

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

You would have to make your own, my guess is to go to a junk yard and find some and make them work for your truck. I would rather have them roll down but making them pop out would be a lot easier. :shrug:
Not to mention cheaper. I like the role down idea too but that just looks expensive haha doesn't the tundra have roll downs on the ext cab. The smaller Windows not the ginormous ones. Those obviously role down

I guess the fabrication of my own would be my only option but what all goes into it.

Rangers have the pop outs last I checked so that could be the truck I'll pull from.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts

Not sure on the tundras but I know the new Sierra's and Silverados have the roll down windows. Yeah it would be a lot of work to make that happen.

With the pop outs I'm sure it would be pretty easy since our side windows are only glued on. Just find the hindges and latch and glue them onto the window and add some weather stripping to keep a seal. I believe that's all you would need to make them work, I would look into the electric ones to make it worth it. I know the newer mini vans have electric pop outs, that would be better.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Electric pop outs? I dont want to sound like a dits but I dont get what would make it electric. Wouldnt that be considered a power window in that case? Let me look around online, then feel like an idiot after i find it.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Not sure on the tundras but I know the new Sierra's and Silverados have the roll down windows. Yeah it would be a lot of work to make that happen.

With the pop outs I'm sure it would be pretty easy since our side windows are only glued on. Just find the hindges and latch and glue them onto the window and add some weather stripping to keep a seal. I believe that's all you would need to make them work, I would look into the electric ones to make it worth it. I know the newer mini vans have electric pop outs, that would be better.

Yes yes yessir I like power thats uckFin cool. This is a demo to what I found on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-DUexXMbbE

What if I don't have power windows or locks. Would I have to get that panel to have that switch added to it? Or could I just add like a James Bond button somewhere to pop em out lol

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts

Yup, that's what I'm talking about. Way better and you never have to turn around to open or close them. Yes, just add a switch where ever.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Jesse- so I'm thinking go pick up some hinges off an old ranger, get a bunch of weather stripping to line the window and the popper and call it a day huh? Once this ball is completely rolling I'll do a new thread on it. Pioneer lol

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts

Jesse- so I'm thinking go pick up some hinges off an old ranger, get a bunch of weather stripping to line the window and the popper and call it a day huh? Once this ball is completely rolling I'll do a new thread on it. Pioneer lol

Sounds about right, hopefully it's that easy and then you can do mine. :th_woot:

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

some of the manual poppers out of an old mini van back windows may work?
That's a good idea. That gives me more vehicles to choose from instead of only using rangers. I'll just snag the hinges and latch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts