Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week i started up my truck in the cold and the damn thing stalled as if it was a friggin carburated pos.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Nope, never.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Only once.

It was after I had been running it pretty hard the night before. I went to start it up the next day and it ran like dog shit and stalled out. I pulled the TB and MAF off, cleaned them and haven't had a problem since.
it was probably 'cause it had to work extra hard to pull all that weight *cough:fatass:cough* :lol2: j/k

mine hasn't stalled out yet.

·
Registered
528 Posts
i'm with mc on this one, any problems i've seen with stalling have been due to the throttle body, or in my case due to loose spark plugs so if it keeps happening those are good places to start

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Tie to rags together, length wise... Open fuel cap. Tuck the first rag into the tank, leaving the second as a wick. Light the wick and walk away.

All your problems will be solved. :naughty:

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
^ I think I would be RUNNING away! haha
The first rag is a 30-40 second timer... Look cool while walking away.

POS go boom. :doku2:

Another option would be, for once, to have a professional mechanic fix all the problems.. That is too common sense tho.. :)

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The first rag is a 30-40 second timer... Look cool while walking away.

POS go boom. :doku2:

Another option would be, for once, to have a professional mechanic fix all the problems.. That is too common sense tho.. :)
ALL the problems?? who the hell has that much money, and how far do i have to go to not make it a GM product?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, pretty new to the forums... i had a situation like this...
06 ext cab canyon 4 cyl automatic..
i was pulling off the freeway and goin down the exit ramp, went to stop at the red light and my truck just died as i stopped.... weirdest shit.... radio still on, just engine turned off...

turned the key, started right up and i drove off lol... never had it happen again :D

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
i was pulling off the freeway and goin down the exit ramp, went to stop at the red light and my truck just died as i stopped.... weirdest shit.... radio still on, just engine turned off...

turned the key, started right up and i drove off lol... never had it happen again :D
:welcome: introduce yourself in the new members section please

·
Registered
4,292 Posts

mine has done this exact same thing...once...then never again. Weirdest shit ever. :shrug:

·
Registered
3,187 Posts

that could be a torque converter thing. If you slow down too fast it makes your rpm's get too low and stalls the engine. Maybe not a huge problem but it can happen.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Only once.

It was after I had been running it pretty hard the night before. I went to start it up the next day and it ran like dog shit and stalled out. I pulled the TB and MAF off, cleaned them and haven't had a problem since.
i agree with mc on this mine did it and i cleaned it hadnt had a prob since!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Yeah, but it's only because I was trying to show off.....popped the clutch to soon :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts