Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the guys that are rocking stock bumpers I have been talking with a company about doing some private label parts for me and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a carbon fiber lower bumper lip spoiler. They would be made with 2 layers of 5.5oz carbon fiber and attach to the lower bumper very similar to stock. Here’s a picture of the factory one….

As of right now it looks like they would be around $350.00 a piece. Would anyone here be intrested in purchasing one?? Let me know please and lets stay on topic.

Thanks Dave

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
350$$$$ oh dang. It sounds kinda cool, i see those things on a lot of BMW's and whatnot. The carbon fiber air diffuser thingy...If we had more people buying it, would it be cheaper? Thats rather pricey...

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Dude carbon fiber lips sell for like $100-150 for other cars lol. I dont think id want to pay $350 for something thats gunna get scraped up anyways. Good idea though. When you find someone to make a carbon fiber valve cover let me know :)

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would have to buy alot of lips to be able to sell them for 150 bucks lol

The price of carbon stuff has come down in the last few years but its still a supply and demand thing. Look at the carbon colorado hoods on ebay ranging from 800 to 499. If a bunch of people started buying them up they would drop in price and be more affordable like all the honda stuff is. It’s hard to get stuff made for these trucks but as long as gm keeps selling them the demand will get greater and they won’t have a choice but to make cool new stuff for our trucks and. Just look at the price of cowl hoods for our trucks when I got mine they were 499 now you can get them for around 250 shipped. Oh well it was worth a shot just figuring I would toss it out to you guys.

·
5cylinder and Tire slayer
16,420 Posts
Carbon fiber maybe strong but when it is breaks it shatters, it would look cool, but for those who scuff our lips as is now, it was be a waste of money and purty carbon fiber..

but would look damn good lol

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
x10000 it'd look great but $350 i'd rather buy something else. Thanks for the consideration... if I had the cash to blow i'd be so down.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
dammit WTR for bringing up old posts damn noob lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts