Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got my summer wheels/tires on right now ('07 xtreme) and the tpms (tire pressure monitoring system) sensors won't work with the wheels, so now i'm runnin w/o sensors in the wheels and the f'ing display keeps flashin @ me! anyone know how to turn this f'ing thing off?

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Well being that im a Chevy tech the only way i see this happening is having the dealer go into the passenger door module and removing the TPMS function HOWEVER i don't think the dealer will do this since its there for safety reasons and they don't want the responsbility if something goes wrong. Its like wanting them to delete an airbag cuz you want a custom steering wheel.

Shoot if you were near me i'd do it for ya! Just put your stock tires in the bed with the sensors working lol. Ride around like that all summer.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Yea with the Tech II. Usually the TPMS is located in the passenger door module.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, turbizzy! i guess i'll just have to get used to it. btw, i had the stock wheels in the bed and they had no effect. i just wish gm would have used the abs sensors for this instead of using sensors in the wheels. :wtf2:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i bought the sensors expecting to do that, but the angle of the valve stem hole is such that the sensor won't be positioned flat against the rim like it needs to be. i've just gotten used to having the "serv tpm" message flashing every 10 miles or so. nbd!:shrug:

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
i bought the sensors expecting to do that, but the angle of the valve stem hole is such that the sensor won't be positioned flat against the rim like it needs to be. i've just gotten used to having the "serv tpm" message flashing every 10 miles or so. nbd!:shrug:
Thats the spirit!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
prolly depends on how the valve stem hole is angled. in my case, the sensor wasn't flat against the rim, so it would get damaged when the tire was put on. i suppose other wheels could be different.:shrug:

·
Registered
40 Posts
i just put my cepek dc-1's on my trcuk and tried the manual tire/wheel calibration and for whatever reason it wont pick up the passenger front tire, the horn honks for the driver front and the passenger rear and driver wheel but not for the passenger front no matter what i do, any ideas?

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
You prob could have a bad sensor, possible damaged during removal. Try swapping the wheels left to right and see if maybe that sensor is just too far away for it to see it. Iunno, other than that the sensor could be bad.

X

·
0 Posts
i had the tpms put in my aftermarket wheels from my factory wheels with no problems. $100 and it was worth it to not see the serv tpm anymore...

·
Registered
40 Posts
yeah my sensors r in the wheels and i tried setting them again but like i said it wont pick up the front passenger wheel for some reason when i try to do the manual reset, someone said the dealer has a device to relearn them, but i dont know if they will call this warranty or not

1 - 20 of 38 Posts