Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Anyone running a 20x9 with a 4inch lift?

1K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  08Canyon 
#1 ·
Any issues with 20s on a 4inch lift? Rubbing? Power loss? The 17 inch welds are not cutting it wanted to move up a size but if I go to 20s theres alot more selection style wise. Looking for any input thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
rubbing would depend on backspace of the wheels and size of the tires you go with

isn't this like the 100th wheel thread you have posted, LOL

Why are the 17s not cutting it? You going for the mall crawler/pavement princess look?

#5 · (Edited)
Well 20" wheels do not leave a lot of sidewall with 33" tires... IF you air down when wheeling then more sidewall would be better/softer. Not airing down results in a rough ride unless you stick to easy flat graded trails, personally I kinda wish I went with 16s not 17s. Also more wheel, less sidewall can result in more damage to the wheels... scrapes, scratches, rock rash, ect... I not saying you can't off road with 20s, you can its totally up to you.

4" lift kits usually recommend a tire size... 33x11.5 or its metric equivalent 285/70/17, 285/75/16,285/65/18 ect...

you can get bigger/wider sizes to fit with some trimming and/or proper backspace

Can't really recommend a backspace without knowing the tire size you want but I imagine the recommended 4.5" would be a good place to start... you might be able to use 4.75" or even 5" with 20s but I'm not sure I don't know of anyone using 20s with a lift on our trucks... guys with 20s are usually lowered

#6 ·
Well 20" wheels do not leave a lot of sidewall with 33" tires... IF you air down when wheeling then more sidewall would be better/softer. Not airing down results in a rough ride unless you stick to easy flat graded trails, personally I kinda wish I went with 16s not 17s. Also more wheel, less sidewall can result in more damage to the wheels... scrapes, scratches, rock rash, ect... I not saying you can't off road with 20s, you can its totally up to you.

4" lift kits usually recommend a tire size... 33x11.5 or its metric equivalent 285/70/17, 285/75/16,285/65/18 ect...

you can get bigger/wider sizes to fit with some trimming and/or proper backspace

Can't really recommend a backspace without knowing the tire size you want but I imagine the recommended 4.5" would be a good place to start... you might be able to use 4.75" or even 5" with 20s but I'm not sure I don't know of anyone using 20s with a lift on our trucks... guys with 20s are usually lowered

I had Tahoe 20s on mine for awhile lifted and Cuzican had his lifted on Tagoes and then Novakanes if I remember right. Just dropping off my .02

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#7 ·
try to get a wheel with a 4.5" back space and you should be good to go... other than that, just keep the overal tire size to as close as 33" as possible and you should be good to on a 4" lift kit. Method Race makes some sick wheels in 20" sizes.. ;)

#13 ·
Mine are 20x9's with -12mm offset. You can run a lot higher backspace in a 20" but I don't care for the look of a lifted truck with tires inside the fenders. I have prolly 1.5"-2" of tire sticking past my z71 flares. It's not so much the whole 'pavement princess' thing, that's where the market is going so that's where the options are, the 15-17" sizes are getting left behind with bigger brakes, etc on newer vehicles. Plus have you seen a newer body style truck lifted on small wheels, just looks funny

#17 ·
Hmm, wondering If i can run a 15 X 10 rim with 5 or 5 1/2" backspacing?
I plan on using my 31.5 X 15 all terrains since their new. Just like the look of the aftermarket 18's and the price is right :D

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
A 10" wide wheel is kind of wide unless you're up to a 12.5" tire. Or maybe even 12". Especially since it's a 15" wheel. That is a lot of sidewall to try keeping square. Like I've said 4,298 times. Users need to review the web site for the tire of their choice and view the tables for the wheel width recommendations.

You jumped into the middle of an existing thread, I'm not sure if yo have question or comment. You made a comment about 18's, but I can't see the relevance and you didn't specify a tire width. Also are you lifted. Lifting. Lowered. 2wd with spindles, or 4" suspension lift?

The other post you made in this thread references the past, and a Dodge something or another. So we have no idea what you are trying to do or what you are trying to do it on......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.