Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow guys….. it’s been a few years. Anyone still get on here? Man I joined this page when I was 16……. Idk if anyone remembers me. I was a dumb kid at the time. Wanted to mod my truck way past my experience level. So I got rid of the parts for my turbo build. Ended up with a pretty clean dropped truck. Dabbled in autox. That changed my world. I bought a e30 bmw, wanted to build an autox car. Then I fell madly in love with the most beautiful woman in the world that was also my best friend. I crashed my truck being stupid. Only front end cosmetic damage. Then I decided to get married. I sold my e30 to fund wedding. And now many years later I’m 27 and happily married for 4yrs and just bought a house. My life has had its ups and it’s downs but I have alway remembered my time on this forum as something very positive especially during my teen years even tho I never met anyone in person minus a few regional guys.

I still have my 355. It’s sitting at the moment. Looks a lil rough but I think it’s time it got back to its former glory. I’ve thought about selling it but I just can’t. It’s gonna take some time since I have other priorities in life but its time to get to work.
I just want to give a huge THANK YOU to the nation for all I was able to learn and for all the inspiration I recieved from the builds and for being so inviting and nice to a stupid young teen that I was.

· Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Welcome back. I stay off those social sites that collect all your personal info so they can turn around and sell it. Or like TikToc, a Chinese owned social site, that will collect your info and use it against us.

· Premium Member
390 Posts
Yeah there are hardly ANY of the OG's around any more and I too WON't do spacebook or any of the social media stuff.....some of us actually have LIVES LOL ! But I do remember you BUDDY always thought you were one of the the good guy's take care and good luck.

· Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Welcome back! Like was previously said, not many of the old timers still around. I check the place for new content every morning. I do FB, but not the Nation page, too many smart asses and bashers for my taste. Keep us posted on the refurbing stuff.

· 2 timer
3,100 Posts
Welcome back....Still here as well with a different ride, but still a 355. Don't know why I like the truck well enough to get a second one....LOL

· Luv them hoochies
5,254 Posts
Welcome back Buddy
Congratulations on buying a house and getting married

I bought your turbo stuff still haven't installed it yet do to some engine issues but my motor is fully built now and I can't wait to start finally building my truck

And yes everyone is bookspace now

· Registered
347 Posts
I am still around on occasion. Sold the 05 and picked up a 2022 back in Dec. I stopped faceplant long ago, sadly that is where the PNW branch wondered of to. I be by now most of them are on to second gen. or different rigs.
Congrates and good luck to you and the wife.

· Premium Member
1,026 Posts
I'm not one of the og's and was late to getting a 355. Got my 12' in '17 cause I didn't care for the 2nd gens. Glad to see you came back but as others have said it's a ghost town around here sadly. I think I attended one of the last MESM in Indianapolis in 18'. I was the only stock truck there with under 30k miles on the meter.
Car Cloud Wheel Land vehicle Sky

· US Army 19yrs and ......
51,528 Posts
BUMP from an OG!

Been a busy few years and YES I still have my OG 04 355

Reactions: BackInBlack

· US Army 19yrs and ......
51,528 Posts
Dang! I assumed you moved on.
Nope retired from the Army in '18 and been contracting since.

Sold a house and built another. Kids and their activities.......always busy

Current fleet of vehicles
04 355 - needs a motor......so LS swap when I get time
10 Tahoe PPV fully built over the last few years - selling it next month
19 Wrangler Rubicon on 35s - Wifes daily
23 Gladiator Mojave on 37s - my new daily

Work, school, certifications and working my way up the ladder.

· Premium Member
1,450 Posts
Nope retired from the Army in '18 and been contracting since.

Sold a house and built another. Kids and their activities.......always busy

Current fleet of vehicles
04 355 - needs a motor......so LS swap when I get time
10 Tahoe PPV fully built over the last few years - selling it next month
19 Wrangler Rubicon on 35s - Wifes daily
23 Gladiator Mojave on 37s - my new daily

Work, school, certifications and working my way up the ladder.
It’s really good to have you back. Your knowledge of these aging trucks is needed more now than ever. 👍🏻

1 - 20 of 20 Posts