Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dash is in good condition, but the summer sun does take its toll..
As I'm really in for the long run with my truck and it's already 9 (!) years old..

I was browsing AutoAnything and came across this..
Coverking Molded Dash Cover, CoverKing Molded Dashboard Covers

You've all seen these or similar.
Anybody using one?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Not using one now but have used them before in other vehicles.
It seemed to cut down on the outgassing from the dash causing fog on the glass. Can't really say if it helped the dash last longer or not. It did also cut down on the misc. stuff sliding around.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Id rather toss a shade in the windshield than constantly have one of those over the dash

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
truck built on Saturday..
5,082 Posts
He uses a windshield shade thing

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thought I'd try one and ordered one from autoanything.com. Turns out they are made as ordered by Covercraft, so it took a month to get it.

Love the look and it fits perfect on one side or the other - not both. They made it 1-1/4" too narrow and it's the middle. Darn it - gonna have to stay with screen thing wrestling. Wanted to protect dash from sun rays all the time - not just when parked.

Here's the AWESOME thing - contacted autoanything to do a return (all of 38.34) and their customer service blew me away. They recognize the costs in doing a return (shipping, processing, dealing with vendor, etc.) and issued a full refund for it (offered to send pics) and told me to do with it whatever I want. I have NEVER had a company do that - not even Amazon for an under 10 buck item. So, they are a company worth considering for your business. I'm still tripping over it!

BTW - the one thing I didn't really care for was the big flap part that hangs down over the passenger airbag. Anyone find an outfit that makes dash mats that fit correctly?

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
I have had them in the past too.

They definitely help reduce the dash to windshield glare......but since I wear polarized Oakley's its not an issue now

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
I have 90% 3M Crystalline window film on my windshield. Its polarized. lol

No UV damage will plague my dash or my seats! Muahahahaha.

I still throw a window cover up there if it is really hot outside to keep the heat down. The stuff isn't made to block all heat. It blocks about as much heat as a 50% 3M Color Stable window film.

·
Legen..wait4it..Dary!
806 Posts
I have had them in the past too.

They definitely help reduce the dash to windshield glare......but since I wear polarized Oakley's its not an issue now
this guy :kiki: jk jermy

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Not this specific product but had many of this dash carpets in previous cars.
Down here in Mexico where the sun is really hot and intense, I have to tell you guys that using this carpets really improves the life span of the dashboards.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was disappointed with the one I got - did not fit right. Found another brand for about the same price, so decided to try it.

VERY glad I didn't give up. Love this one - and not only is it a great fit, they also put in gussets for the contours!! Looks awesome!! Pic will be posted soon - have to get the stuff off the dash so the tape will stick. Guess I cleaned and shined it a bit too much! lol

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was disappointed with the one I got - did not fit right. Found another brand for about the same price, so decided to try it.

VERY glad I didn't give up. Love this one - and not only is it a great fit, they also put in gussets for the contours!! Looks awesome!! Pic will be posted soon - have to get the stuff off the dash so the tape will stick. Guess I cleaned and shined it a bit too much! lol
Can you recall the manufacturer or seller?

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, I OP'd on this without too much interest, but as DigEm posted, in the south we take measures to deal with the summer sun wherever we can.

·
Premium Member
3,258 Posts

Tape? Mine tucks right in at the windshield and stays put unless someone grabs at it. I believe there are pics in my garage.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok - added a pic to my garage if you want to see it - still have to figure out image inserts.

it is the DashCare cover (dashcare.com) You can see the gussets as well as the two spots above the instrument panel where they slit for the curvature so it lays flat. No, not anchored yet - that's for this weekend. Love the fit, the look and the color matches nicely. They are quick - got it in 3 days.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts