Registered
2,685 Posts

·
Premium Member
345 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I have a z71 and my gf just bought a tahoe.She is going to buy aftermarket rims and get rid of her 20's. what do i have to do to make them fit my truck?and will they rub?
You'll have to/have someone bore the centers out to fit over our hubs. We'll need a little more info, are you wanting to leave the factory tahoe tires on the wheel, also a little more info on your truck. Is it ZQ8, Z85, or Z71.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Nevermind I just realized that you posted that it is a Z71. If I remember correctly the diameter of the Tahoe tires is like 32", so with the fairly high offset of the Tahoe wheels they should fit, if anything you may just need to crank the torsions a bit in the front.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nevermind, I just realized you were asking about the Tahoe/Avalanche wheels. Check out the albums in my profile. I had them on when I was lowered and I'm still running them now that I'm lifted.

Lowered...
Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum - CUZICAN's Album: The new hottness

Lifted...
Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum - CUZICAN's Album: The new lifted hottness

Loved the lowered ones.
NICE. These are great.
1. What size tires were you running when lowered?
2. Were you Having Rubbing Problems?
3. How are you lowered?

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
1. 245/40 20's
2. Only on fairly large bumps and only in the driver side fenderwell. Same place everyone rubs.
3. It was 3" DJM control arms and 3" blocks.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Yeah, more noise than anything. I trimmed the plastic out above the tire just to prevent the possibility of the tire grabbing it and ripping it out; even though I doubt that it would be possible for the tire to yank it out, it was better safe than sorry.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts