Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I did a search, and most of the flowmaster talk on here is 40's and 44s. I'm looking to just replace my muffler to give the truck a little more.... balls. and I don't mean seat of the pants hp balls, I mean to make it not sound like a mini van under acceleration ;-) Does anyone have flowmaster 50, 60, or 70s on their truck? I'm looking for a slight rumble at idle, a little more sound on acceleration, with as little drone as possible. I don't want loud. just would like to change the tone a bit. Sound clips would be great, but just looking at general advice, too. TIA

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow, thanks! i guess that's what i get for being too specific in my searches.

I am really liking the way the 70 sounds. did it drone much inside the cab?

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
nope... had a hell of a bass note at low RPMs(not in a bad way), but other than that it was pretty quiet. Honestly, I felt that it sounded like what a truck should. My tires sang louder than the exhaust.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope... had a hell of a bass note at low RPMs(not in a bad way), but other than that it was pretty quiet. Honestly, I felt that it sounded like what a truck should. My tires sang louder than the exhaust.
That's exactly what I want. a little grumble, and enough of a difference to just make the truck sound a little more truck-ish

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i believe in my research I did find that our stock exhaust is 2.5" center in, 2.5" offset out.... is that right?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know this thread is a few months old so please forgive me for digging up a dinosaur.

Would swapping stock out for a Flowmaster 70 be something the average joe with average tools could do or does it require cutting, welding, etc?

·
Texas Yoda!!!!
36,262 Posts
I know this thread is a few months old so please forgive me for digging up a dinosaur.

Would swapping stock out for a Flowmaster 70 be something the average joe with average tools could do or does it require cutting, welding, etc?
a shop shouldn't charge more than $100 if you provide the muffler...
welding is recomended, clamps don't handle the vibration and temp changes well...
I wouldn't cheap out on exhaust.

and yeah cut old one back and front put new one, weld and done

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
^^^Yes^^^

Find a local exhaust shop and have them fab-up your exhaust. I bought a Gibson dual kit and HATE the clamps. They (1) suck @$$, (2) rust, (3) come loose and (4) SUCK! I'm getting mine welded this next weekend and can let you know how much is costs....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts