Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just lowered my truck this weekend ( 2" BT ball joints up front, ZQ8 leaf plus 1" block in back). I also have front and rear BT sway bars.

Anyway, the fron end feels a little soft to me. I am wanting to firm up the front with out going much lower.

So, are the ZQ8 springs, firmer, or just shorter?

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
the ZQ8 springs for the V8 are stiffer.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i picked up some zq8 springs from a crewcar I5. I have a standard cab I4. I think these should be stiffer thna my stock Z85 springs i hope

·
Nation's Troll
2,082 Posts
I'm probably switching my belltech lowering coils for a set of v8 zq8 Springs. I'm worried it will raise me back up though. I'm a base z85

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
It will, your taking out a 2 inch drop coil and adding in a half inch drop coil.

·
Nation's Troll
2,082 Posts
The drop coils are junk. I'll never buy another belltech product.

·
Registered
833 Posts
The drop coils are junk. I'll never buy another belltech product.
Wow your the only person on the site who talks smack about belltech. But that's like the top brand in suspension parts.

·
Nation's Troll
2,082 Posts
Search some more about the belltech leafs

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
I can speek to belltech being soft on both coils and leafs. DJM coils for static drops. Airlift helper bags on belltech leafs unless you can get away with blocks in the rear. I wouldnt buy belltech either if I could avoid it. QA1 up front and forget it. I can stand a 1" - 2" block in the rear on stock leafs with properly valved shocks.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I replaced the Bell Tec coils on my truck, way to soft, bottomed out all the time.
cut my coils one loop. much better ride and handling. will need to fix the Chevy lean next.
what a PITA.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
... Airlift helper bags on belltech leafs unless you can get away with blocks in the rear. .....

I thought others had found there is no space for the Airlift bags with Belltech leafs??

I'd really like to install Airlift bags with my Beltechs.
Then I could replace the Monroe air shocks and install QA1 shocks in the rear..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just installed I5 crew cab zq8 coils on my I4 reg cab. Cut 1/2 coil. resulted in a 1/2" drop, but is a lot firmer now. Just what I wanted since I have the 2" drop ball joints. I added a custom 5/8" spacer to the driver side to help with the chevy lean

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
I thought others had found there is no space for the Airlift bags with Belltech leafs??

I'd really like to install Airlift bags with my Beltechs.
Then I could replace the Monroe air shocks and install QA1 shocks in the rear..
Sorry about that, I was mistaking. ZQ8 leafs with blocks is what was used with air lift helper bags.
http://www.355nation.net/forum/lowering/16291-lowered-colorado-canyon-set-ups-pictures.html#post412863

I wonder what kit was tried with the belltech leafs. I remember a specific kit for lowered trucks that air lift out out.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just used a cut off wheel. I would not cut a just one side as cutting a coil changes the sprung rate. I would suggest cutting both sides equally and shimming the driver side up. That's what I did. Cutting off a single coil from just one side could cause a pretty big difference between left and right sides.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts