Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
5cylinder and Tire slayer
16,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was going down the road and looked down for 2sec and looked up and the guy in front was fucking STOPPED about to turn.. I slammed the brakes at about the same time I hit him.. est I was probably doing 40mph when I hit him.. it was a utility truck, I hit him so hard it damn near knocked him off the road.. knocked the every living shit out of him.. hit truck wasnt too bad but I bet he is hurting..

Truck is so low it barely hit the bumper, frame looks fine but FUCKED everything above that..

so sad..

This was my headlight.. its about a foot back from where it usuallly is

The inside lip of the of the passenger side front wheel BROKE off

You see the brake pedal is BENT.. my foot is hurting extremely badly from this.. it wasnt broken .. tho it feels about like it is

what I hit:

·
Premium Member
5,082 Posts
holy shit ricky!! thats a hell of a hit. i just saw it on fb and said crap. im glad your ok but that sucks!

do you have plans on buying another?

·
5cylinder and Tire slayer
16,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no plans are being made till i find out

A) its for sure totalled
B) how much they will fix it if I buy it back
C) how much they give me if its totalled

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Well at least you walked away from it.

So now what???? Repair or move on to something else?

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
At least yur ok, if totaled get the xmember for me, pay ya for it

·
Member's Technical crew
12,060 Posts
DAMN it dude. SO many people are wrecking these things. Saw one on a loader today looked just like yours. But of course here in charlotte... Glad your ok man. That makes 3 frigging trucks today!

·
NW Surfrider
5,365 Posts
Damn! Your not suppose to hit immovable objects. I'm guessing they will total. There is no cost efficient way to fix all of that. Just glad you didn't get too hurt.

·
New To The Nation
212 Posts
Damn that sucks! Seems to be a bad day for 355's. Glad your ok though, and considering the speed of the impact I think the truck held up fairly well. Looks like it kept most of it up fromt and out of the passenger compartment

·
Registered
8,044 Posts
RANT (not directed to Xavier): WHY DO PEOPLE FEEL THE NEED TO COME INTO AN ACCIDENT THREAD LIKE THIS AND FEEL IT'S OK TO CALL DIBS ON PARTS?! BACK THE FUCK OFF, IT'S IGNORANT /end rant

Ricky, sorry about the truck bro but I'll put my money on it that it's totaled. They gave me a HELL of a deal on mine though and I couldn't refuse it and the buy back was dirt cheap. Mine's an 06 with just under 78k on the clock and they gave me 10.5k for it. Paid off my loan and I still had money to spend on it. I'm not even at 2k out of pocket for repairs and I'm 96% done.

Granted I had most of the parts laying around for the front end and only needed 3 things for it but still saved a ton of money not having a truck payment.

You need any help rebuilding it (not physically lol) I gotchu homie :thumbup:

I also work for an aftermarket parts company and get parts dirt cheap, I can hook you up with that too and mail them. My mom gets dirt cheap shipping through UPS where she works I can have it shipped for you through that if you want. Rad support will only cost you 180 through my work. List for a body shop is over 400.

·
Registered
577 Posts
That really sucks, dude, but glad you're ok. Really liked your truck, too (no surprise there, mine looks (looked?) like yours).

RANT (not directed to Xavier): WHY DO PEOPLE FEEL THE NEED TO COME INTO AN ACCIDENT THREAD LIKE THIS AND FEEL IT'S OK TO CALL DIBS ON PARTS?! BACK THE FUCK OFF, IT'S IGNORANT /end rant
Dibs on the roll pan.

1 - 20 of 175 Posts