Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the factory system, 6 cd-changer. Stock speakers, with a DVD wired into the factory speakers.

Problem. Factory cd changer sucks ass, won't read half of my burned cds, other half will read but I can't skips songs cuz it can't find the space between songs so I'm stuck forwarding. I like the simpleness of the 6 cd. So I would be in the market for another one (nothing fancy like dvd already got one) But I would like to keep my overhead DVD wired to the speakers, I have a module that I turn on and off to have it come through the speakers or not.

Question. Is this seperate module controlling the sound or would it someway be hooked into the factory head? I wanna a new one to read CD's but don't wanna lose the ability to hear my dvds while driving. And if it is hooked to the factory head can it be hooked to a new head?

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
I got the factory system, 6 cd-changer. Stock speakers, with a DVD wired into the factory speakers.

Problem. Factory cd changer sucks ass, won't read half of my burned cds, other half will read but I can't skips songs cuz it can't find the space between songs so I'm stuck forwarding. I like the simpleness of the 6 cd. So I would be in the market for another one (nothing fancy like dvd already got one) But I would like to keep my overhead DVD wired to the speakers, I have a module that I turn on and off to have it come through the speakers or not.

Question. Is this seperate module controlling the sound or would it someway be hooked into the factory head? I wanna a new one to read CD's but don't wanna lose the ability to hear my dvds while driving. And if it is hooked to the factory head can it be hooked to a new head?
i'm just guessing here, but i would think that if you wanted to get a different head unit for your dash and retain the DVD player and it's ability to play through your speakers, then it would just be a matter of installing a new head unit. i don't think you will have a problem with the separate DVD player working with the new HU at all. all you would have to get is a new harness, dash kit and antenna adapter and that's it. you could put a DVD player with a screen in the dash and also have it work the way you want it to. more screens = pimp.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm just guessing here, but i would think that if you wanted to get a different head unit for your dash and retain the DVD player and it's ability to play through your speakers, then it would just be a matter of installing a new head unit. i don't think you will have a problem with the separate DVD player working with the new HU at all. all you would have to get is a new harness, dash kit and antenna adapter and that's it. you could put a DVD player with a screen in the dash and also have it work the way you want it to. more screens = pimp.
Antenna adapter? Why for? (sorry I am dumb with audio)

More screens is bad I didn't know this one was in the truck till after I signed on the line. Heck you wanna come take it out be my guess. I'd rather have the overhead light haha. I use it maybe 3 or 4 times since I got the truck. Its a luxury to me not a nessecity. Come take it out and its yours. That is if I can have your dome light.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
antenna adapter is just what you need to run the antenna with and aftermarket HU.

sounds like you could run just about any deck and it should be fine. double check with the people wherever you buy from but i dont see an issue. if anything it should jsut sound better lol o and wont skip and be a total POS....man i hate the factory GM decks...

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Antenna adapter? Why for? (sorry I am dumb with audio)

More screens is bad I didn't know this one was in the truck till after I signed on the line. Heck you wanna come take it out be my guess. I'd rather have the overhead light haha. I use it maybe 3 or 4 times since I got the truck. Its a luxury to me not a nessecity. Come take it out and its yours. That is if I can have your dome light.
DEAL, if i could, i would be there in 2 days. and you could have my dome light in return, lol. no question is dumb. you didn't know, so therfore you asked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts