Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone think it's possible to modify an automatic center console to fit a manual transmission. I'm not familiar with them.

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Yes, you just remove the tray up front I believe. Might have to source/make a boot for the shifter though... @rshadd did an automatic floor shifter in his stock Colorado center console.

·
Texas Yoda!!!!
36,262 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
^Parts 12-14 all come together as one part number (stupidest thing ever). Once you get the tranny and shifter in, you wouldn't have to modify anything as far as the console is concerned. Just pop out the automatic tray and pop in the manual trim/boot combo.

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts
Certainly possible. The 5 speed manual (MA5) could be ordered with the full size console (D06) in 2004-2006. Starting in 2007 this combo wasn't available in crew cabs.

You'll need the steering column surround pieces from a 5sp, the shifter and boot, and trim ring from the 5 speed. You also need the pedal assembly from the speed for the clutch pedal and of course the manual transmission and components.

This how to will get you off to a good start.
http://www.355nation.net/forum/how-...hifter-conversion-using-colorado-console.html

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you very much nation. I purchased the console. If you are all interested I will let you know how it goes, thanks again.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Shifts are slower and way less accurate. The lid on the storage bin breaks you'll be cussing. Its cool looking and will say you love it Go for it. I need arm room for Manuel shift.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts