Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been doing autox events with the Highland Sports Car Club in Asheville, NC, and finally got to run early enough in the evening that there was enough daylight for the video to come out decent:

HSCC 2014 Nite Series 3 run 3 - YouTube

I also spoke briefly with another 355nation member while there, but I didnt get a chance to get your username.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice driving man, if you stiffened up your suspension it would help you a lot. That body roll is holding the truck back.
Thanks!

yeah the orig shocks with 120k on them prob arent helping. Im thinking of getting some belltechs. I can only change damping tho, any spring or ride height changes would put me in a mod class against even faster cars.

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Check on sway bars with them, they may allow them without moving you up.If you added the rear and got the beefier one for the front that would help as well as getting new shocks. Or you could just throw them on and play dumb and say they were listed as factory replacements and you didn't realize someone had removed the rear.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check on sway bars with them, they may allow them without moving you up.If you added the rear and got the beefier one for the front that would help as well as getting new shocks. Or you could just throw them on and play dumb and say they were listed as factory replacements and you didn't realize someone had removed the rear.
ZQ8 package included a thicker front and rear sway bars, so that's pretty much covered. It has a quicker ratio steering box than other 355s too, but Im still sawing at the wheel pretty hard in the tight sections.

·
5,965 Posts
Yeah only have coilovers as a mod and im in the stx class at my local scca. Im going against modded frs'

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah only have coilovers as a mod and im in the stx class at my local scca. Im going against modded frs'
So how do you do in STX? Im in HS, but since Im new to the club, I have to run as a novice, and all novices are lumped into one PAXed class. So far Ive been the fastest HS in novice by a fair margin (and faster than a lot of A-FS cars too), and my times at the last event would have put me in 2nd in HS. Im dying to see the results for this event, there was an X-runner there but I didnt catch any of his times.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Wonder what class I will be running in when we go... I don't have coilovers but I am pretty sure my suspension config is close to @Buddy's

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also I saw a bit of shuffle steering in the video. Thats a nono
youre kidding, right? Even with the ZQ8's quicker steering ratio, I cant twist my arms up enough not to move my hands some. Can you spin your wheel a full 360 degrees or more without taking your hands off it?

·
5cylinder and Tire slayer
16,420 Posts
youre kidding, right? Even with the ZQ8's quicker steering ratio, I cant twist my arms up enough not to move my hands some. Can you spin your wheel a full 360 degrees or more without taking your hands off it?
lmao foreal

1 - 17 of 17 Posts