Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im kinda new to the site, and i need help.

2006 Colorado
l4
automatic tranny
69,000 miles
Used Warrenty is OVER!!!

Ok i was going down the road, i got into it and right when it was about to shift gears... boom. I checked the fluid when i got home it was really low so i added a quart of lucas and still nothing. I really need help and dont know what to do please help!!! Thanks

[P] - Seems Fine
[R] - Seems Fine
[N] - Seems Fine
[D] - Won't do anything
[3] - Not so good
[2] - Seems ok
[1] - Seems Fine

·
Premium Member
3,518 Posts
Drop the oil pan and see if you have chunks of metal stuck to the magnet.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How hard is it to drop the pan? I'm not to familier with transmissions.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, someone just told me put a magnet on the outside then drive around for about 20 min then do it is he right?

·
Skitz 6/20/84-6/27/11
3,592 Posts
thanks, someone just told me put a magnet on the outside then drive around for about 20 min then do it is he right?
It would tell you if you broke something internally. You could have several differernt issues. bad valve, bad solenoid, bad vacuum, etc etc

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im definately starting on this in the next hour ha i i just hope the tranny isnt gone

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
will do my friend... thanks alot and i have one more Q... would you say you think its gone or what i mean 1st and 2nd are still there

·
Registered
739 Posts
When you said "boom" do you mean there was an audible noise, or are you just using this as an expression for it suddenly not working?

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Hmm, well I thought my transmission went out and it was actually both of my cats were plugged solid!

But yeah drop the pan and se what you find! Its 14 10mm bolts if memory serves me right! Even if the trans was shot, the 4L60-E is one of the cheapest and easiest transmissions to have rebuilt!

Let us know what you find!

·
Ron Lopes
1,198 Posts
yeah seems like u only have second gear? that would be LHM or limp home mode, it could be due to a tps failure, map, maf, many things may influence that... but your MIL would be on

1 - 20 of 21 Posts