Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok all Here it is:

I have a brand new spankin AVH-P4000DVD.. and it is way and yes I will say it "WAY COOL" so now that I have this HU I want it all, I want everything I can get on it "ON IT" Now I will say that Sound is not the real issue I just like cool stuff..

Things I want and things I have tried

1- I have tried the CD, the Ipod (1st,2nd 3rd gen) attached to the av for Background.. Can get it to do this only problem is you need to shut the MP3 player off everytime or it just runs out of battery and stops then you have to have to restart and set it up all over.. I used the USB for power but that only works when the Truck is running..

1- (answer)You need a MP3 player that outputs video and also has a auto shutoff that you can set, but also loads when you add power..Dont see one yet..HELP!!!

2- Headrests TV's.. I will be installing Headrests TV's have two sets from Ebay 2- 5" and 2-7" did not pay more than 75 for either pair.. when I install these I want to be able to do 2 real things.. ONE- they in the Cab can watch the IPOD video I am playing or the DVD or just see my screen.. or TWO- they can watch their own DVD or play Xbox..

2 (answer) so I will need some kind of AV switch so the TV's can feed off of the Xbox or off of the HU..HELP!!!

3- XBOX.. yes I want an XBOX I have an old one, I want to add the ModChip then a 200Gig HDD so that I can load all the Games and movies or Music ONTO the XBOX and people can have like their own Mediacenter over and above what I have up front or they can watch what I watch..

3 (answer) MOD Chip.. OH MY!! this is way over my head.. In my googles I have found that there is a Chip you can buy, install it in your XBOX and this will allow you to add a LARGER Harddrive and also allow you to preload games (halo) and movies and music.. BUT I HAVE NO WAY OR IDEA HOW THIS IS DONE OR HOW TO DO IT..HELP!!

4- XBOX WITH LAN NETWORK: I want to be able to load info/games/movies unto my XBOX with out taking it out of the truck.. I am told you can do this thru the LAN Network at home???

5- Power fort the XBOX.. told inverter makes static on the screen, and that since Xbox is 12v already you can get an adaptor that will make your XBOX dc to dc...HELP

6- BLUETOOTH.. I WANT MY IPHONE 3G.. BLUETOOTHED TO MY HD.. does the CD-BTB200 work with the new IPHONE 3g and will I be able to dial the phone, mute see my contacts??

7- HEADSETS.. I would like them to 1- bluetooth to my HU and also so connect to the TV's in the Headrests so that the Cab can listen to what I am watching up front or play or watch a movie on the tv's in the back when I am listening to what ever or nothing at all..HELP

8- Sirius.. I have it but I want the TV TUNER.. can I feed the tuner to the back as well so that I can listen to music on the ipod up front and Kids can watch Sirius TV in the Back or can we all watch Sirius having the Satalite go thru the HU???.. by the way has anyone figured out how to get all the info from the song on the screen, artis, title, alblum.. like it does in IPOD mode>>??

9- REARVIEW CAM.. Just got this cheap one that mounts on the Plate frame.. would like to do a few things with thou.. 1- have it on as my Background Pic.. now taht would be cool and also make it so I can just hit Hide on the HU to use the rearcamera as I back up.. also would like it to send the VIEW to all TV's all the time.. so I can use it as the Background, or as a screen saver or the kids in the back can just see what ever while we drive to the meet..

10- Small TV or Visor tv?? I want the passenger to be able to view Video aswell, and with my Iphone mount in the way I would like to mount a small tv or use those Visor Tv's so they can have the option to view.. any ideas.. Putting more stuff on the Dash is not my idea of Clean..

11- JAILBREAK...any one figure out how to Jailbreak the HU..I want the CLOCK BIGGER.. I want to custum my screen.. get more info from SIRIUS.. change the lable on the presets.. so I know what is on the that Preset..

well there it is.. anyhelp any ideas..

leave them here or send me a link or what ever.. and while I figure it out I will add to this..

Todd
[email protected]

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Wow man, I have no idea what to even say about all that??? I have the same HU, but no idea on anything that you're talking about....lol

The only input I could give, is I would skip on the bluetooth, it's not that great. I got this HU for that feature, and just to be able to watch DVD's. The more I play with it, the more features I find that are freaking sweet, but those were the 2 main things I was looking for. I wish I would've saved the extra $120 I paid for the BT module, or spent it on the HD adapter, or sat. radio or something. It's just not worth the extra money....IMO.

It works "alright" I guess. It's a sweet concept, but there's a real bad "speakerphone" thing going on, and it's a) kind of hard to understand who you're talking to, and b) hard for them to hear since the mic picks up alot of outside noise and these trucks are very noisy inside the cab to begin with. Plus my loud ass exhaust is always heard. haha

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have just left my shop that I use.. They tell me I will be able to get a selector switch for my headrest tv's so the people in the back will be able to play/watch from the xbox while I am listening or watching from my HU.. all they will need is the wireless headphones

·
Registered
217 Posts
Your iPod doesn't shut off when the HU shuts off? My iPod that's connected to my Panasonic shuts off when the HU does. I am looking at a AVH-4000dvd and I would be pretty bummed out if my iPod didn't shut off when it did.

·
Batman
5,649 Posts
if you have the ipod hooked through the ipod connector it shuts off. What he and I are talking about is hooking a secondary ipod up through the video-in connections so we can run a custom background using a picture off the ipod. the Video-in conection does not shut the ipod off, that's what he is saying.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
I'm not bored enough with my stock backround to try this yet. lol I don't look at it anyway, just listen to music. Or if I am looking at it, it's cause a movie's playing! haha

I have since added a library of about 500 or so songs on flashdrives. I bought 4 2G ones and I have them split into categories. And I had a older 512 one that I have all my country stuff on. The USB feature is freakin awesome. I imagine the IPOD part would be cooler, but I don't have one and don't really have a use for one, so USB's are the cat's ass to me! The HU will put all the songs/artists in folders and you can easily search for whoever it is you're looking for. Even takes it a step futher if you have a few different albums from that artist, you can choose the album...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The USB is a great idea, but I just got a 160 gig Ipod classic and it holds all the songs and videos I would ever want... That leaves the USB drive wide open for me to use the USB for power and other things..

I purchased a cheap review Cam.. My idea is to use that for my Back ground.. HMMMMM i dont know might be cool is it works, if not I will try to connect that cam cable to some other source or something maybe that would give me the end product I am looking for..

I just also got the Pioneer AV switch and am installing it is the glove box this will allow me to connect the IPOD , the XBOX and HU DVD player all in one place then I will be able to send any of those 3 to any of the 3 tv's I have installed in the Truck.. Rightback seat can watch Sirus TV the Left baqck can watch IPOD Video, HU can watch DVD and passenger can watch what ever..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have right now the Sirius Backseat tuner and the Original Sirius tuner.. The Backseat tv is set just for Visual and the original is for Sat. Radio.. I wanted to have just one tuner but the only way would be have that Sirius Remote Control mounted somewhere and I did not want that.. So I have that hid (dont even know if it needs to be connected.. The kids control the TV thru the IR eye.. I am working on a fix so that you only need one tuner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts