Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
**re-post from CFans**

Install took a little less than 2 hours and it came out perfect. Only problem is the stupid thing that tells you fast you're going claims it is not available. Yet the navigation is spot on :cool:

Navigation

Playing Goldeneye 007 DVD

Notice the parking brake is OFF and the vehicle is in DRIVE, the bypass was a piece of cake!

This one is just for you Rudy! :kiki2:

·
0 Posts
I NOW KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!

That's a sweet deck, I was looking at one about a month ago...you got me jealous, hehe!

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I NOW KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!

That's a sweet deck, I was looking at one about a month ago...you got me jealous, hehe!
LOL actually my bro's house, no homocides!! :eek3d: j/k

It's pretty cool, I've been dicking around with it for hours now haha

Like I said I wish I knew how to get the speedometer thing to work :mc:

·
Registered
760 Posts
where did you hook up the vss to, that could probally cause the problem? im not sure if its called the vss wire but its something like that and quite a few people had a problem with it and ended up running it to the bcm in passenger kick panel, its somewhere on cfans from awhile back.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats a tite screen bro. Im thinkin of upgradin mine
thanks dude!
i went from a stock AM/FM radio, to a 2004 Silverado CD player, and now to this in a little over a year lol

izzo- I believe it is the vss wire, someone on CFans posted on how to fix it but I would rather have someone do it for me since I am pretty inexperienced with car audio :wtf2:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
very nice man.. i was thinking of getting that one.. but ended up getting the kenwood one.. now u can pick up a D3 for the price i paid for mine. o well.

very nice man

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks, yeah I almost went with the Kenwood but I did not want to get the same thing my friend has (kind of one of those "if you get the same thing as me, youre a homo" things lol)

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
haha i hear ya man.. great choice man..

idk about that one.. but good damn the kenwood has way too many options.. i'm still learning them..

have fun with it bro

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hehe you fomo

One of the wires for the navigation needs to be changed or something, I am a little confused though (shocking)

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
"Instead of hooking up to the ecm blue plug at pin 25 ( yellow W/ black stripe wire ) use the tan wire that goes to the wheel speed sensor on the passenger front wheel...you're able to expose this wire right along the frame towards the rear of the engine compartment.... "

and then some guy who says he talked to a pioneer tech said this "Just unhook the speed sense wire, the nav will still be in hybrid. You will need to hit the reset button after you disconnect the wire. Everything will work just fine. I called Pioneer tech from the shop I work at and they said that is all that needs to be done. Also said speed sense was too high of voltage, that is why it doesn't read correctly. "

lol help me man, this shit is :lmaop:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Well if voltage is the case why couldn't you just use a resistor in-line to reduce the voltage???

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol I wish I even had a clue on how to do that, the nav seems to work pretty well .. just a couple of features are flawed because of the "vss" wire

1 - 20 of 32 Posts