Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, basically as the title reads I'm planning on swapping gears and throwing a true trac into my truck soon. When searching for the rebuild kit (including all the bearings and seals) I came up with nothing. Searched the forum but as I'm on my phone it's not the easiest. Any help from you guys that may have some experience with this is appreciated. (What rebuild kits have been used? Where did you buy them?)

The threads I have read on the topic all get responses from guys saying to just swap the axle out to something else. However, I'm not looking for this response. I already have the true trac and gears so swapping axles now isn't going to happen. Once again, any help is appreciated.

Edit: I should have mentioned my truck is a 2wd z85. Looking for info for the aam 8.0 axle

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,917 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I regeared my stock axle I got everything from superior axle and gear. Should add their no longer in business. I'd call randys ring and pinion. Just go to their site or call. Diff Wizard suggests Yukon Master Overhaul kit for GM 8" differential - YK GM8.0

Thanks man. I'll give them a call and see what they can do. Any chance you remember a ballpark of what the rebuild kit cost for you? I just found that Yukon one like 30 minutes ago but 250 seemed like a lot for that? I seem to remember buddies that have gotten the seals and bearing for a little more than 100. Very easily could be wrong on that though. This was years ago

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Well just for the bearings at napa was over $150 for my 14 bolt. If I remember right that was about what mine was. It was like $800 for front and rear kits with gears. My 14bolt and dana 44 cost me 1300 I think with the tru trac in the rear.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well just for the bearings at napa was over $150 for my 14 bolt. If I remember right that was about what mine was. It was like $800 for front and rear kits with gears. My 14bolt and dana 44 cost me 1300 I think with the tru trac in the rear.

Okay thanks for the info. I appriciate it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts