Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'm "That Guy"
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eventually I'll be swapping out my rear for something bigger, so I'm doing my homework now.

I was wondering if anyone knew of an axle that is the same bolt pattern, has disc brakes, and is 4-5" wider? So far the 07+ 1500 have been the closest I've found, but I'm unsure on their actual overall width...gonna measure the one sitting at the shop tomorrow to check. Looking for other options though, too.

·
I'm "That Guy"
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
From what I can figure out, the H3 is about 70.25" hub to hub.

I think the Z71 is around 66", so that would be perfect. I'll need to check tomorrow. Only thing that sucks is H3 axles complete aren't cheap...they're 1k+ complete without the locker. They're around $700 without the leafs and brakes.

EDIT: just calculated the 07-13 GMT900 to be right around 75" hub to hub...too much for what I'm looking to do probably.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
What about the isuzu rodeo axles? They have Dana 44s in them and disc brakes along with the same lug pattern as we currently have. I know there are some wider versions but I don't know if/how much wider than Z71s.

·
Premium Member
4,434 Posts
Dana 44 is the axle they have and if I remember right they are the same size hub to hub as the Z71. I've got a 98 axle if a measurement is needed

·
I'm "That Guy"
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
That's what I recall reading elsewhere. I haven't looked at the Dana axles yet...was just looking at later GM's to start. Next I'll look into those more and see if there's one that will match up like I want.

12 bolt or 9" might be an option too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts