Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2007 Colorado LT Extended Cab Z71 4 x 4

Original tires and wheels were stock from the factory, and yes, over 14 years old. (vehicle sat outside it's entire life, tires badly cracked, wheels badly corroded)

New tires are Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 265R/60/18 and new wheels are 2011-2012 Colorado/Canyon P31 Option wheels, 18 x 7.5, originally chrome, but stripped and Powder Coated Satin Black. The wheels are made for first gen Colorado/Canyon, so they have the correct offset and hub bore.

Third pic is what that style wheels looks like, but the chrome was all peeling off, so they had to be refinished.

I also removed the front lower lip, looks better without it.

(one pic was taken with a camera, the other with a cell phone on an overcast day, hence the color difference, first pic is more true to the vehicle color)
old tires.JPG
new tires.JPG
chrome wheels.JPG

·
Registered
4 Posts
2007 Colorado LT Extended Cab Z71 4 x 4

Original tires and wheels were stock from the factory, and yes, over 14 years old. (vehicle sat outside it's entire life, tires badly cracked, wheels badly corroded)

New tires are Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 265/60/18 and new wheels are 2011-2012 Colorado/Canyon P31 Option wheels, 18 x 7.5, originally chrome, but stripped and Powder Coated Satin Black.

Third pic is what that style wheels looks like, but the chrome was all peeling off, so they had to be refinished.

I also removed the front lower lip, looks better without it.

(one pic was taken with a camera, the other with a cell phone on an overcast day, hence the color difference, first pic is more true to the vehicle color)
View attachment 342722 View attachment 342723 View attachment 342724
Those new wheels and tires look amazing! Did sizing up seem to make the truck sit a little taller? I’m thinking about sizing up from stock and was curious if you noticed a height increase.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks, the stock tires were 30" in diameter (with a low tread), these new tires are almost 32" in diameter, (with a very deep aggressive tread), so I gained about 1" of lift. Also, removing the lower front spoiler/lip makes it look higher. I did not think I would like black wheels at first, but the more I look at it, the better I like the look, .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My tire guy suggested an important thing to keep in mind, when judging if a certain size tire will rub./clear. Published tire sizes, especially diameter, are measured with the tire uninstalled. Installing and airing up the tire will make is bigger in diameter, even more if it has a deep aggressive tread. My Falken Wikldpeaks have a published diameter, on paper, of a little over 30", but measured diameter when installed is around 32".

·
Registered
104 Posts
cant beat new shoes + sox, lookin good + safer as well as 10 years is said as max but inside or outside males a big difference as the sun kills them!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts