Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a back up sonar (not the camera type) to install in my rear bumper, there are so many prices and different aftermarket model's, I can't choose.

Is there anyone here that has added this kind of tech, and what is your experience with it.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Added no, had it in my BMW and currently in my Tahoe.

Its a rather simple system to set up minus drilling 4 holes in your steel bumper. Just a friendly reminder on those prices........you get what you pay for. Read the reviews and go from there.

I'm just going to do a reverse cam when I upgrade my HU this spring

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Maybe he doesn't want to buy a double din head unit.
@Freeballin

Lets address the question not the preferences .............. k thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont want a cam because then your just looking at the display and not all the surrounding... thus missing anything that the cam does not include.

I just need something that will alert me when I'm real close to something I cant see over the truck bed. The surrounding I see with my eyes sweeping the rear view mirrors :thumbup:

·
Registered
198 Posts
You could just as easily scan the mirrors and the screen of a backup camera. Just because it's a screen doesn't mean you look only at it. I have the camera and the 4.3" screen is right above the rear view mirror. I would take the screen over a beeping sensor any day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts