Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Super Moderator
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am in the process of doing the RAP mod on my 12V AUX1 port. I have stumbled accross an existing problem. I forgot that one of my outlets didn't always get power 100% of the time. I couldn't figure out why it seamed like I had a bad fuse, until I did a continuity check. I used a cut fuse to test the connection to the outlet + button. No continuity. I wiggled the fuse blade and got continuity. The battery (+) to fuse hot side was good and the 12V outlet (-) wall to the battery (-) was good as well. Because I was double checking to make sure the fuse blade was seated correctly then I wiggled it out of alignment to get continuity, I am positive it is under the fuse box.

long story short... what is the proper process to remove the fuse box so I can check the connection for that fuse slot? I don't want to rush into it and pop airbags or worse, short stuff out.

Thanks. :th_woot:
@Supermodulation @rshadd

· Registered
5,024 Posts
... I don't want to rush into it and pop airbags or worse, short stuff out.

Thanks. :th_woot:
@Supermodulation @rshadd
First, I'm not SuperMod (but then, who is, right?), but step #1 is disconnect the battery, yeah?

Haven't looked under there in a while but from memory..
After removing the fusebox cover, look down onto the face where the fuses and relays are and you'll see two bolts, small-ish, maybe 8mm?

Those are really lo-o-ng bolts, but remove them and the entire box will lift right up.
You'll see then how the harness(s) plug in underneath, as long as you're not brutal with it you really can't hurt anything.

At a glance from there you'll figure it out.

· Administrator
9,929 Posts
Sounds like the fuse socket forks are spread to wide for the fuse or the fuse blade is to small.
I have found that the cheap fuses have thinner blades causing intermittency. I believe GM has a TSB regarding this issue.

Sent from SuperModulation AutoGuide.com App

· Super Moderator
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had this post in the RAP mod thread. But since the fuse box diagram is already in here, I moved it here to get input from the electrical gurus.

Has anyone thought, or is it possible, to pull the hot wire on the sunroof fuse and swap it for the hot wire on the AUX1 port? I have to pick up my fuse box to deal with the fuse holder not getting good connectivity anyway. Might see what I can do. I won't ever use my Sunroof slot. No jumped required. Clean end result.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.