Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been neglecting my Colorado because ive been working on this.

Its a 95 suburban with an escalade front end. I bagged and body dropped it, lays out on 22"s. Now that its back on the road, I can start doin more to the colorado

·
Darth Vader
5,225 Posts
Nice Burb :thumbup:

·
Registered
833 Posts
I think I just wet myself!!!!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Looks great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you have any pics from the build?
Yea, i have a bunch of pics, tried to put a link to a build thread i have on another site but a message came up about it having to be reviewed by an admin or something like that. Ill put some up when i get home

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I first got it

It was already bagged in the front, but was done badly and was pretty far from laying frame

built a two link for it

started by gutting the rear and building some notches

reinstalled gas tank and raised it up almost 4" from stock location (didn't want to drag it :D )

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
some test fitting to make sure everything was working

on to the body drop. figured if I'm gonna make it lay frame, might as well go all the way and put the rockers on the ground too

tryin to get a shot of the rocker being level with the frame

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
couldn't resist putting it on the ground to see what it looked like

just liked this pic, frame and rocker on the ground

pulled the front off to finish the body drop and redo the front suspension

front frame horns cut and lowered(had to notch the passengers side to make room for the lower radiator hose)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
modified the front spring pockets to fit some big bags

the reason I made so much room up front

side by side of the 2600 bag that I took out, and the 3800 that I used on all four corners

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
some of the stuff I had to do to get it to lay flat

make a tunnel for the drive shaft

section the exhaust y-pipe to tuck it up tighter

counter sunk the tranny crossmember bolts to be flush to the frame

found that the drivers side front tire hit the wiring harness and kept it from laying out so I moved it up about 1" and to the side about 2", and also recessed it into the firewall about 1". gave me plenty of clearance (the black stuff is seam sealer)

front tire tucks up nicely now

and the pay off, rocker down flat :th_woot:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
one problem I created for myself and hadn't planned on was the fact that I raised the gas tank about 4" and lowered the body a little over 2", so when I tried to reconnect the fuel filler pipe to the fuel door it was immediately obvious that the filler pipe was now running drastically up hill and it would be impossible to ever get any gas in the tank. after some panic and then kicking around my options, this is the solution I came up with

driverside tail light (don't really care for them, they were on it when I bought it. already got a stock pair to put on it)

modified for fueling

next started to put the floor back in. quickly realized that I might have got a little carried away when I was cutting the floor out and took way more than I really needed to, but this was my first time body dropping and bagging anything so ill chalk that up to a lesson learned

the square hole in the middle is my easy way to access the fuel pump if I should ever need to. I made a panel that bolts on and covers the hole

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
next I got the bags in and started to run all the lines. did the same thing for the bags as the fuel pump and made removable panels so that I can get to them easily if I need to. spent more than enough time laying on the ground under this thing so I wanted to make it fully serviceable from the top side

front bag installed, took some doing, but it fits in nice and has clearance all the way around, thru the whole travel

put in a panhard bar to keep the axle centered, kinda hard to get a good pick of but you can see it coming up behind the axle. the end is painted blue because I had to shorten it a little bit and I was already painting the 2 link so I just sprayed the end. the pan hard bar was from an 04 mustang cobra

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mounted up some shocks on the front

and some on the rear

last big issue was how to run the exhaust. with the super long 2 link bars, the big a$$ bags, the pan hard bar, the big old 40 gallon fuel tank, and the 10.5" wide rear tires, there wasn't a lot of room to run a 3" exhaust pipe thru. I ended up cutting a hole in the frame, welding in a pipe and boxing the frame so that I could pass the exhaust thru the frame and run in back in the empty space between the frame and the rocker. then I simply dumped it infront of the passenger side rear tire

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
finally back together and on the ground

currently in the process of putting one of these big bastards in. they are 12" clif design 1200W subs. they weight 45lbs a piece

the reason that im only putting one in is that the other one has a tear in it. if anyone has an idea of how to fix this im all ears

built a custom ported box tuned to around 32hz

and my new amp and 2.0 frad cap. the amp will do 1100W @ 1ohm so it should do the trick :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
next step is redoing all the air lines with stainless hard lines (already have most of the parts) and hopefully do some interior work. I tend to bite off more than I can possible do so that will have to be worked in along with the plans for my Colorado (just ordered a no-profile tranny cross member and roll pan. plan on slamming it as low as possible static), and with the house that im in the process of restoring

my golf cart that I wanna bag

and other random stuff like this

and this drawing I started on the wall of my garage

1 - 20 of 25 Posts