Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well months of getting stuff together finally paid off. In less then 24 hours me and buddy did it. Got the front end on the ground. More pics and some sparks coming soon.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
833 Posts
Mmmmmmm....... Sexay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
So the rear should be done in the next 24 hours :kiki:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are those the Michigan metal work arms?
If so, are they the budget series or the higher ones?
Yes they are and they are the budget series. I dont need a super fancy balljoint cause I dont ever plan on going more then a 18"rim lol. Idk who else has them on a truck so they're was alot of mocking up/take apart/mock up etc haha

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Interesting...

Was it in the plan to keep the upper shock mount so you could route the lines through or was that just something you happened to figure out before you cut it off?

And looks like those arms really helped out with the process...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Interesting...

Was it in the plan to keep the upper shock mount so you could route the lines through or was that just something you happened to figure out before you cut it off?

And looks like those arms really helped out with the process...

To be honest idk qhy they are still there..... I think we were just running out of time and didn't matter if they stayed or went. I plan on welding a rod on the frame with a washer and grommet welded to the end of that to help guide the line. I still have to cut those off and finish the driver side wheel well. Just need to make brackets to hold the abs pump.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry blurred totally missed answering the rest of that. The arms did and didnt help believe it or not. If you have the belltech ball joints you have to grind them down to fit under the bag plates. The lower bag plates sit pretty far in on the arm so I have to run the lowers all the way out with 11° angle on the upper bag plates to clear the frame amd not have the bag rub on anything. They also sent the wrong balljoints but regardless you have to run 5/8ths spacers on the joint itself so you can tighten the spindle on the balljoint. If you dont the castle nut bottoms on the threads before it tightens amd your left with alot of play. Amd for information purposes I'm running the slams ss6's

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I love the placement of the gauges! Did you fiberglass that yourself?

Also, I noticed that you're from New Jersey, you planning on coming to Low Rollers End of Summer Bash next weekend?!?

Yes sir with some help from a friend. Pvc, great stuff, bondo heaven. Lol

Yup I'll be going and staying Saturday night so get ready to party. I was actually talking to you for a lil bit at grounded couple weeks ago. I was drooling over the truck

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts