Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i done fuck something up this time. I decide to change my rear drum shoes today bc it was time. during assembling the driver side the cyclinder on top of the drum fell apart.. so i put it back together. so after i put everything back on and bleed the brakes with no problems.. i decide to test the brakes.

I drive Forward and hit the brakes hard.. bang. i heard the loudest bang ever.. metal to metal hitting i feel in my back. i drive forward again and hit the brakes hard.. nothing.. so i decide to drive in reverses and do the same.. bang.. again.. i do it again drive backwards and hit the brakes hard.. nothing.. its only does it once in each direction..

i did lube up the shackles do to i'm gonna change them soon and want the bolts to be easy to come out.. i can't tell where the sound is come from.. but it definitey is coming for the rear of the truck.. sound like the suspension is poping.. idk what it is..

help i done fuck something up

·
Registered
283 Posts
I had the same problem after I dropped mine. Turned out I had left a breaker bar in my bed! Made some pretty nice dents!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i took everything apart to tripple check everything.. its all tight.. theres nothing in my bed to be clanking around it only happens once in each direction.. something is fucked up but can't fig out what..

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
If it wasn't there before you did the brakes and it's there after then it's most likely something with the brakes. I'd pull the drums off and thoroughly check everything to check and see what's moving.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah thats what i'm thinking.. fuck i hate this not knowing wheres or whats its coming from

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
....this is why some things it's just best to pay to have serviced.

I read the write-up on doing the drums... and honestly i'd rather spend the $109.95 my dealer charged me last time to change the drums every 50/60k miles and NOT worry about it being messed up :lol:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well dealer wanted to charge me $350 and i was like fuck no.... drums aren't that bad.. they are a headache but not bad.. as for this noise.. its not coming from the brakes.. it only does it at a fast stop causing something to slide forward and hit.. trying to figure out whats moving i have no idea

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Maybe check to make sure your spare tire is tight in the holder? :shrug:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well checked the brakes again.. and also checked my tow hitch, spare tire and rear bumper. not it.. it sounds like its coming from the leaf springs.. had guys at my job look around while i drove back and forth simulating making the noise happen.. and they said i seems to be coming from leaf springs

soo i say fuck i'm gonna burn my truck

·
Mr. Under Construction
784 Posts
dont burn it man...colly's dont deserve to burn...rangers and Dakota's do...and thats the final truth......Chevy Baby!!!!!

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
if its coming from the leafs then its possible that it could be your axle moving foward:shrug:

before you burn it......lower it. i bet you will like it then:D

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its at stock height now.. dealer said they can't touch my truck until thursday due to they couldn't give me a rental.. they didn't have any rental cars.. so i'm fucked again..

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah man.. gonna trade it in for a 07 cc extreme.. jk yeah thursday it is thing.. fuck i hate this but theres something wrong and its gotta get fixed.

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
man when you said you traded it for an 07 extreme i got so happy....then i saw the "jk".

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Is the horseshoe spring on correctly?

Can you take pictures and post them? That might help us give you an idea.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
man when you said you traded it for an 07 extreme i got so happy....then i saw the "jk".
hahaha sorry man. i wish though i think it would be sweet

rangerbob.. i'll try and get pics.. but it really doesn't sound like its coming from the drums.. but never know right..

as for that spring.. i didn't clip into anything

1 - 20 of 22 Posts